The best parenting guide today is traditional Jewish text. By following traditional Jewish text we learn to teach our children to live healthy lives, to grow to be independent yet caring adults, and even to be fiscally responsible while supporting their communities. Every day at 6 Points Sports Academy our Jewish athletes learn a new Jewish values. It is taught to them by our Jewish life staff and their counselors, then reinforced during sports majors and electives by our stellar coaches. The coveted bracelets is one way our athletes know when they have demonstrated these Jewish values. It is also […]
on July 22, 2014
I spent this past weekend at 6 Points Sports Academy. While there I got a first-hand look at the campers, the counselors, the faculty, and the Leadership Team. I can comfortably say that I was very very impressed with every part of the 6 Points Camp Experience. Let me deal with each one: The Campers were having a “blast”….smiles all around…….Teamwork abounding….excellent instruction……and a respectful observance of Jewish Values and Shabbat Services. And those campers that I chatted with confirmed the above thoughts. It was a wonderful sight to see. The Counselors are great role models. The Schlichim (Israeli counselors) […]
on July 21, 2014
By Adam Young Camp Rosh Logistics Who won the 2008 Olympic 200 m free? (Michael Phelps) Who was the second? (Park tae-Hawn) No one remembers the person who got silver unless something remarkable happens like this story. Sailor Lawrence Lemieux was sailing in the 1988 Olympics and was in second place when he saw two sailors in a bad situation, one barely hanging on to the boat and other swept further away due to bad waves. He had two choices. One, to go and help save two unknown sailors who were competing in a difference race and the other, to […]
on July 18, 2014
Shabbat Shalom 6 Points Sports Academy Family! This week’s parashat Mas’ei…teaches modern lessons for intertwined lives: in a society, community, or family, one person’s needs and desires must be weighed against those of others. Final authority should not belong to one member only, nor should laws be made based on the interests of only one party. (http://www.myjewishlearning.com/texts/Bible/Weekly_Torah_Portion/masei-urj.shtml?p=2, 7/16/14) At 6 Points Sports Academy today’s Jewish value of the day is Kehillah, community. Whereas we are a special community of our own with intertwined lives from our various origins and interests. Although it is for a short period of time, […]
“Everything I Need to Know I would Have Learned At 6 Points (if it had only existed back in the day!)”
on July 16, 2014
1. Play hard. Have fun doing it. And play fair. Because anything worth doing is worth doing right, and better when you fully enjoy it.
2. Life has value, especially when your life is lived with values. And those middah bracelets look so good and make great memories in the middle of winter!
3. The day is much more enjoyable, and you learn a lot more when you are part of a team, and not just hanging out alone.
4. Surprise packages from family and friends are ALWAYS great – even when you don’t get to keep EVERYTHING in them!
on July 8, 2014
By Rebecca Gerbert Unit Head, Lower Division Girls Welcome to session two summer 2014! Six Points Sports Academy is a place where every camper is able to find themselves on their Jewish Journey both on and off the court/field/diamond/or pool. Opening day is a special day where we can all come together as individuals to make an everlasting community. Six Points Sports has meant so much to me in the past three weeks that we have been here; from staff bonding activities, to seeing the growth of counselors and the inspiration that they give to the campers. As a […]
on July 7, 2014
by Noami Jaffe Session 1, Soccer Player For those of you who don’t know me, I’m Naomi and I’m in Kfar Saba. I’ve been going to 6 Points since its very first summer so I feel a very deep connection to this camp and everyone in it. But the great thing about 6 Points is that whether you’ve been here 5 summers or 1 summer, it feels like home. Where I come from there aren’t many Jewish athletes, let alone Jewish soccer players. Then I come to camp and there are 65 other people just like me. For me, that’s […]
- Much More Than a Jewish Sports Camp September 26, 2011
- A Rabbi Who Plays Rugby! July 4, 2013
- Arriving on a Jet Plane June 21, 2012
- The Best Parenting Guide July 25, 2014
- A few words from Earl Ferguson, our Camp Board Chair….. July 22, 2014
- Sacrifice July 21, 2014
- social media marketing fees: Many times you might find great articles online to...
- Who’s Ready for Camp? | 6 Points Sports Academy: […] Thanks David! Who is ready for camp? I k...
- Who’s Ready for Camp? | 6 Points Sports Academy: […] join our camp family as a guest blogger ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at 6 Points starts:
398 days, 4 hours, 9 minutes, 42 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- Shabbat Shalom, do you know the best parenting guide #parenting http://t.co/YuK1LSL8X5
- @URJCamps @harlamdaycamp @URJOSRUI @URJGFC @urjscitech6 @URJSports6 Our campers are enjoying two final activity periods before packing!
- @URJCamps @harlamdaycamp @URJCampGeorge @URJGFC @urjscitech6 @URJSports6 it's hot and humid in Owoc...but a great day for swimming! #osrui14
- @URJCamps @harlamdaycamp @URJCampGeorge @URJOSRUI @urjscitech6 @URJSports6 this morning we are enjoying our first day of Maccabiah!!