Congregational Resources for the High Holy Days
Can it already be the second week of July? Unbelievable as it may seem, this week means something big for congregations: The High Holy Days are less than two months away!
With Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur quickly approaching, many congregations are already busy preparing. The URJ has a number of resources to help your congregation publicize programs for the holidays, as well as materials to share with your members so they can make these days meaningful:
- These print and email-ready ads are perfect for your temple bulletin and High Holy Days mailings – and we’ll soon provide ho9liday Facebook banners for your congregational Facebook page, too.
- Torah Trope recordings from URJ Books and Music can assist prayer leaders in holiday readings.
- Send free congregational ecards to your membership to encourage them to join you for services this year. (Please note that to see/send the cards, you must have a username and password sent to you from the URJ. To obtain a login, contact the Knowledge Network.)
- The Religious Action Center’s Yom Kippur Social Justice Guide will help you incorporate tikkun olam into your holiday observances.
- These courtesy seating request forms will allow members of your congregation who are traveling or attending college out of town to request tickets to attend holiday services at another URJ congregation.
- Our Disabilities Page will help your synagogue in achieving the goal of full congregational participation of people living with disabilities and for their families, at services and beyond.
- And much more!
Looking for ways you and your family can observe the High Holy Days? ReformJudaism.org is the best place to find activities, commentary, recipes, and more.