Apply for Taste of Judaism™ Advertising Grants!
The URJ is now accepting applications for 2014-2015 Taste of Judaism™ Advertising Grants. Since 1994, A Taste of Judaism: Are You Curious?™ has engaged nearly 100,000 individuals searching for an easy access point to liberal Jewish life. Classes are advertised as “open to all, Jewish or not.”
We want you to consider making Taste™ a permanent part of your URJ congregation’s strategy for outreach to the local community, and we offer advertising grants to help jump-start this effort:
- The URJ will offer matching grants to reimburse up to two-thirds of your anticipated advertising costs (maximum $2,200) plus a modest $300 honorarium for the instructor.
- Congregations with 150 or fewer members and a total advertising budget of less than $2,200 may be considered for full grant funding.
- Congregations may apply for grant funding if they have not received a URJ Taste of Judaism™ advertising grant within the past five years.
- If your congregation has received a URJ Taste of Judaism™ advertising grant in the past, you may reapply every five years. Among those applying for repeat funding, preference will be given to applications from congregations that have offered Taste™ independently of URJ funding in the intervening years.
- If your congregation shares an advertising market with and may be considered to serve the same target population as (an)other URJ congregation(s), we ask you to submit a joint grant application.
All URJ congregations that offer Taste of Judaism™ receive a class listing at ReformJudaism.org/taste, training for new instructors and class administrators, curriculum, access to Taste of Judaism™ administrative documents, and tailored, professionally produced ads.
Learn more or apply today! The application deadline is February 20th.