It seemed almost silly to be wearing a camp t-shirt when I was reading horrific news. But then I realized that it was because of that camp and that organization that I grew to love Israel in the first place…I came to realize that it was increasingly important for me to stand by the side of my other homeland.
on November 12, 2012
We are thrilled to announce that three of our camps were awarded honors at the Grinspoon Institute for Jewish Philanthropy (GIJP) Conference on November 4! Mazel tov to the winners. Check out more about Camp George’s path to the Impact in Technology Award on their blog.
on October 19, 2012
“Regard for the human spirit.” Dr. Madelyn M. Katz shares her personal stories about how her daughters struggled with mental health issues, and how Camp Newman and NFTY have helped make the Jewish community a support system like no other.
on October 3, 2012
Why welcome home our kids? We want our kids to know that we support them, missed them, and are glad to have them back in our congregational home as well, back at their Jewish address. We want them to know they are important to us and to the future of our Judaism. We want it to be clear to them that we are interested in what they have to say.
on September 12, 2012
As a camping system, we are truly blessed to have the most talented group of professionals anywhere partnering with committed, generous and enthusiastic lay leaders, with an end result of ten thousand kids every year having the summer of their lives (again!), making and renewing forever friendships, and setting the stage for a life committed to Judaism.
on September 7, 2012
The more I think about the incredible week I spent as faculty at Camp Chazak, the more energized and enthused I become about all the URJ is doing to meet the needs of Reform Jewish children regardless of their special needs. In meeting these needs our camps take a back seat to no one.
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago