Youth engagement was a major initiative presented at the 71st biennial conference of the Union for Reform Judaism, held Dec. 14-18, in Washington. The statistics of youth engagement are alarming – the URJ’s youth movement, National Federation of Temple Youth, has lost thousands of members and participants over the last few years, according to reports. To address the problem, the URJ has decided to act swiftly and with strength and confidence.
on November 16, 2011
What a great day for the Faculty of Eisner and Crane Lake Camps! This morning, we were joined by more than 30 Rabbis, Cantors and Educators, wearing their camp shirts, for our annual Education Summit.
on October 25, 2011
Dawn Bernstein, Cantorial Soloist, Temple Kol Ami in Thornhill, Ontario shares in her blog how several years ago, their rabbi was looking for a way to tangibly demonstrate Temple Kol Ami’s commitment to Reform Jewish camping. He invited Jeff Rose, the director of Camp George, to attend second day Rosh Hashanah services and honoured him with the first aliyah to the Torah. The rabbi decided to invite every single person in the congregation-young and young at heart-who had ever attended a Union Camp in any capacity to join Jeff on the bimah for the aliyah.
on October 21, 2011
This is the fourth article in a wonderful series about how our URJ Camps prepared current NFTY Leaders for their roles. Liza Moskowitz talks about her experiences at Greene Family Camp and how they layed the ground work for her position of NFTY North American Programming Vice President.
on October 17, 2011
This is the second article in a series about how our URJ Camps prepared current NFTY Leaders for their roles. Austin Zoot talks about his experiences at URJ Camp OSRUI and how they layed the ground work for his position of NFTY North American Religious and Cultural Vice President.
on August 22, 2011
NFTY in Israel’s Shlichut Noar NFTY program (Young NFTY Ambassadors) is a unique fellowship that trains participants to be effective communicators and advocates for Israel programming upon returning to North America.
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago