In the middle of the game, when the campers figured out that the coach was playing with the rules, they just stopped: What we had on our hands was nothing short of a rebellion that would make Korach proud. We quickly learned on that day that adding Jewish learning in to a beloved specialty required a delicate balance of Judaism, specialty, participant and leader.
on June 5, 2012
on October 27, 2011
In this article by Allison Rosner Cohen, she discusses how her URJ Camp and Israel experiences have paved the way for her current role as the Director of Marketing and Communcations at the Foundation for Jewish Camp.
on September 27, 2011
Enrollment in nonprofit Jewish summer camps in North America is steadily increasing – and there are more innovative Jewish camping experiences than ever before, according to the recently released strategic plan of The Foundation for Jewish Camp (FJC).
on September 12, 2011
As summer 2011 winds down and record numbers of kids are coming home from Jewish camp, parents all over North America are wondering: What did my child do this summer at camp? The Foundation for Jewish Camp (FJC) is pleased to share that amidst the lip dubs and flash mobs, campfire sing-alongs and Maccabiah competitions, kids of all ages were participating in a variety of amazing and inspiring activities at nonprofit Jewish overnight camps this summer.
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago