Amidst all of the colored paint, banners, and chants of our mini Olympics at camp we take a moment to remember the fallen athletes of the 1972 Munich Olympics. The Nixons had it right. It is a tragedy for all the peoples and nations of the world and also our people. We mourn the martyrs and lift our heads up as proud embodied Jews.
It was forty years ago — forty Summer Olympics ago, at Munich. Members of the Palestinian terrorist group Black September murdered eleven Israelis – three weightlifters, two wrestlers, one fencer, three coaches and two officials. It happened for only one reason: they were Israelis.
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago