Last week I was in Israel attending the Jewish Agency for Israel’s Summer Staff Seminar. I was asked to present a D’var Torah, and I chose to relate the Parsha to everything that we have done at Coleman over the past five years to advocate for the release of Gilad Shalit who was returned to his family last fall after being held for 5 years in captivity by Hamas. Ironically, just 3 days later, I was surprised and amazed to find myself visiting with Gilad in an apartment in Tel Aviv.
on May 10, 2012
URJ Camp Harlam Director Aaron Selkow “really likes Israel”, to be sure. But as he explained to a group of 20-something Israelis that were about to embark on a momentous journey to the United States to join the North American Jewish camp culture, it was for a very specific reason. It was because of them.
on December 23, 2011
Ashley Marx, a staff member at URJ Camp Kalsman, is currently travelling in Israel on a KESHER Taglit-Birthright Israel trip. She’s one of the more than 750 people who will travel to Israel with us this winter. Ashley took some time to send these reflections from Israel back to the Camp Kalsman community.
on August 22, 2011
NFTY in Israel’s Shlichut Noar NFTY program (Young NFTY Ambassadors) is a unique fellowship that trains participants to be effective communicators and advocates for Israel programming upon returning to North America.
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago