Rabbi David Spey returns from a summer on faculty at 6 Points, a URJ specialty camp that has flourished in just three short years since opening, instilling athleticism and Jewish pride in its campers – and visiting faculty.
on August 2, 2012
This year, as we watch the 2012 London Olympics with bated breath, campers at our 13 URJ Camps are lacing up their sneakers, pulling out their colored t-shirts and preparing for their own version of the Olympics—Maccabiah!
on May 15, 2012
As you read Maura’s essay, think of your own children and grandchildren, nieces and nephews, and all the kids in your Religious Schools. Have they had this experience? How would they relate their Jewish lives to daily experiences? Would playing Lacrosse or basketball connect them with God? When our kids play Little League at home, do they learn that compassion and humility are as important as courage and determination?
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago