Rabbi Marci Bellows talks about the contiunous impact of Jewish music. She discusses her first meeting with Debbie Friedman at URJ’s Olin-Sang-Ruby Union Institute and how transformative her music has been on the Jewish community.
on December 23, 2011
Youth engagement was a major initiative presented at the 71st biennial conference of the Union for Reform Judaism, held Dec. 14-18, in Washington. The statistics of youth engagement are alarming – the URJ’s youth movement, National Federation of Temple Youth, has lost thousands of members and participants over the last few years, according to reports. To address the problem, the URJ has decided to act swiftly and with strength and confidence.
Rabbi Marci N. Bellows discusses the 71st URJ Biennial and how she was surprised that the most anticipated event was Shabbat services. She believes this is because the Shabbat experience at Biennial is the closest most Reform Jewish adults will come to experiencing the beauty of Jewish camping.
on December 22, 2011
Stephen Weitzman is currently a member of the URJ North American Board and serves as Chair of the URJ Special Needs Camping Committee. In this blog he discusses some of the sessions at URJ Biennial and the future of special needs camping.
on December 12, 2011
Counting the days until the URJ’s Biennial convention outside of Washington DC became that much more exciting after a planning session with some colleagues. Gathering together by telephone from all across the US, we – three camp directors, three rabbis, and one talented URJ specialist – put our heads together to plan a Biennial session on the “magic of camp.”
- Camp Heroes Support Gift of Life October 12, 2011
- 12 Ways to Make Shabbat Services at Your Congregation More Like Camp July 30, 2012
- The Football Rebellion and Striking the Right Balance at Camp June 5, 2012
- Beyond the music: Summer camp performers build Jewish community, identity February 25, 2013
- “Amazing Experiences That Words Cannot Explain” February 4, 2013
- The Makings of a Jewish Science Camp January 31, 2013
- Welcome Home, Camp and Israel Participants | Camp Coleman: [...] on October 4, 2012 By Lois Rubin, NFTY in ...
- From the URJ Camp & Israel Programs Blog: Thanks for your feedback, Jordan. The URJ Camp &am...
- Jordan Friedman: I am sure that many who frequent the Reform Jewish...
Read about your program
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago