One half of my heart bid farewell to our 8th grade students with a tear in my eye, while simultaneously, the other half of my heart opened and welcomed the Programming Team to camp for the summer. I both did and didn’t really know what was in store for the summer; the calendar is set, but the seconds, minutes, and hours get programmed and planned for in real “camp” time, where ultimately, each minute was but 60 seconds.
on August 25, 2015
Episode 9 – The Camp Jenny Lounge
on August 21, 2015
But that all changed as we were walking along the road toward McDuffie County with my baseball cap drenched with sweat and Torah scrolls clenched tightly against my breast. I looked down and saw that we were about to cross the Thomas Watson Bridge.
on August 4, 2015
The next day at camp we would be leaders, role models, and have responsibility. We weren’t just campers or a group of rowdy teens who had to be micro-managed with the fear of us continuously arguing with one another. I knew that after I crossed that line that would all change.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Time Flies and Also Lasts Forever August 27, 2015
- Coleman Chronicle Podcast Episode 9 August 25, 2015
- The Roads We Take August 21, 2015
- Kulanu Blog » A Jewish Journey from Uganda to URJ Camp Coleman: […] click here to […]...
- DLitwak: Well written Naomi!!...
- Lynn and Steve Goldman: Thrilled to read about our son, Zachary Goldman, i...
Follow us on Twitter
- So much joy watching my 25 yr old kid reminiscing as she looks through her camp photos. #itwasmycampfirst @URJCampColeman
- Rabbi @DanMedwin is excited to be working with @SAR_RCVP at LTI this weekend @URJCampColeman to chat about @visualtfilah! #SummerCamp
- ON OUR WAY TO @URJCampColeman !!!!!!!!!! See you soon SAR! ❤️❤️ http://t.co/MTdQmMxRnA
- .@SAR_MVP, @loganzinman and I just passed the Atlanta Zoo and Dan Nichols is still playing Kehilah Kedosha. On our way to @URJCampColeman!