It was my first Shabbat at a new camp – Camp Interlaken JCC – and I was still feeling out how this camp was going to be different from all other camps (a little Passover humor). Future (now current) Rabbi Benjy Bar-Lev started the cheering and chanting. Kids jumped out of their seats. They were bursting with excitement, as Benjy put it, for their VERY BEST FRIEND THE TORAH!
on April 8, 2015
Each of these people, places, and events was a wonderful example of how one person, or a group of people, took an idea or belief they were passionate about, took action, and made a difference in the world around them.
on March 4, 2015
On Saturday morning the group came together in a two-part meeting. We discussed our Strategic plan touching on topics such as Alumni relations, connection to Israel, board development, programming, local councils, staff development and lay leader recruitment.
on February 26, 2015
Did you know that 1 in every 4 Georgian children is food insecure? This means 1 in 4 kids has limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods. The Atlanta Community Food Bank works to lower statistics like these and increase the availability of food in the area. As a Jewish community we are obligated by mitzvot to help ensure that everyone has access to food necessary to sustain life.
on February 26, 2015
We’re so proud of Shelby Shoup, Coleman camper since 2009, and Emily Groff, Coleman camper since 2006 and one of our summer 2015 songleaders, for being recognized as runners up in the NFTY D’var Torah Competition and NFTY Song Competition respectively. Mazel tov to these two talented Colemanites!
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Our Very Best Friends the Torahs April 20, 2015
- Olim: From Passion to Action April 8, 2015
- A Special Bat Mitzvah Project March 23, 2015
- Julia: I had the best summer ever this year, and Media wa...
- Camp Coleman: We do! We just started one- urjcampcoleman...
- Camp Coleman: It depends on how hungry everyone is! A 9x13" dis...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
656 days, 1 hour, 9 minutes, 30 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @frisbeerab: Beautiful day to lead 3rd night Seder on the #PASSOVERPILGRIMAGE @URJCampColeman #thisisISJL @TheISJL http://t.co/nKDvT8FySf
- RT @frisbeerab: @URJCampColeman #campercounselorreunion super honored to taste Zengel doing amazing work #shaya @ZJEngel http://t.co/lxxWnS…
- @URJCampColeman #campercounselorreunion super honored to taste Zengel doing amazing work #shaya @ZJEngel http://t.co/lxxWnS5Inx
- @URJCampColeman Animated BackyardCamping Romp 4kidos with Zak &his little puppy! #aei https://t.co/LqjoqvWOzK http://t.co/DEBBOdapL5