As the it starts getting dark earlier and is getting colder for many of us, we wanted to bring some light and warmth to you from your summer home.
on November 26, 2013
We’re together to make a difference. To create meaning. And to fill the world with more light and love, as a result of our commitment to mitzvah. And that is the most inspiring thing, isn’t it?
on October 30, 2013
“Are you ‘Banging on Things’ today?” “No, I’m checking out ‘Ein Kleine Prayermusik’ with the principal.” “I’m going to the slam poetry one!” “I heard that Mr. R’s going to show movie clips!” Discussions such as the chatter above were floating around the Davis Academy Middle School before experiential Tefillah on Monday morning.
on October 4, 2013
As their Nadiv Educator, I’d barely transitioned from camp to school when we brought the 8th grade class. I would look out into the crowd at dinner and do a double-take. “Where is Bonim? Why aren’t the Chalutzim meltzing?” Then, I’d shake my head and realize that it wasn’t camp anymore. It was…camp. Davis Gibush camp. At Coleman.
on September 23, 2013
This past November, David Long from “Bully”, father of Tyler Long a victim of bullycide, spoke to us. He inspired Camp Coleman’s Olim class of 2013 to take a stance against bullying. We also learned about the power of one person. Many times it only takes ONE counselor or ONE camper to speak up and take action. Actions taken change a person’s life.
on September 17, 2013
Between our annual Family Camp, a Davis Academy 8th Grade Retreat, Temple retreats, Shalom B’harim’s High Holiday services, and much more, 201 Camp Coleman Drive has certainly had a lot of activity since Second Session closing on August 4th. Next month we have another exciting event coming up: Coleman’s First Annual 3rd-6th Grade Retreat!
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- Happy Hanukkah from Your Home Away from Home! December 4, 2013
- Mitzvah Meetings – and Meanings November 26, 2013
- Tefillahpolooza: 40 Minutes of Spiritual Fulfillment October 30, 2013
- Rachel: I used the Granny Smith apples and it was phenomen...
- Camp Coleman: The crispier the apples the better so they hold up...
- Shari: What kind of apple do you use for apple brown bett...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
149 days, 21 hours, 1 minute, 14 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- We love Mitzvah Meetings! @Davis_Academy @URJCampColeman #ThankYouThursday http://t.co/iPRcPzz8IE
- Happy last night of #Hanukkah! Check out this video of your home away from home that a 2013 Machonik created! http://t.co/O8TTkOw1W6
- @urjscitech6 @URJCampColeman @URJSports6 @URJCamps it is our great pleasure. So glad you are here at TBT!
- @rabbigreene @URJCampColeman @URJSports6 @URJCamps Thanks for being a great camping partner!