Did you know that 1 in every 4 Georgian children is food insecure? This means 1 in 4 kids has limited or uncertain availability of nutritionally adequate and safe foods. The Atlanta Community Food Bank works to lower statistics like these and increase the availability of food in the area. As a Jewish community we are obligated by mitzvot to help ensure that everyone has access to food necessary to sustain life.
on February 26, 2015
We’re so proud of Shelby Shoup, Coleman camper since 2009, and Emily Groff, Coleman camper since 2006 and one of our summer 2015 songleaders, for being recognized as runners up in the NFTY D’var Torah Competition and NFTY Song Competition respectively. Mazel tov to these two talented Colemanites!
on February 4, 2015
The Israel seminar was an intense intellectual and emotional experience that changed our understanding of our world. Everything we did was an exhilarating adventure, from what we learned to the people we met.
on January 28, 2015
There’s a certain feeling one gets when you pass the Coleman sign, turning into camp. An air of anticipation and excitement for the upcoming summer fills you as you come down Coleman Drive. This time, however, we weren’t arriving to stay for two months, merely for the weekend.
on January 24, 2015
URJ Camp Coleman is proud to announce that the Camper Cabin renovation campaign will be completed this spring with special thanks to Rabbi Gayle Pomerantz of Temple Beth Sholom of Miami Beach, FL.
on November 20, 2014
But most importantly, I understand that I have the opportunity to teach individuals that they have the power to make a difference. I want my campers to know they have the power to do something big with their lives. They have the potential to do anything they put their mind too, they just need someone to believe in them.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Step Up and Stop Hunger in Atlanta February 26, 2015
- Colemanites Recognized for Creative Excellence February 26, 2015
- Coleman Staff Go Global: Networking with Progressive Jews From Around the World February 4, 2015
- Julia: I had the best summer ever this year, and Media wa...
- Camp Coleman: We do! We just started one- urjcampcoleman...
- Camp Coleman: It depends on how hungry everyone is! A 9x13" dis...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
600 days, 7 hours, 28 minutes, 27 seconds ago