I sat on an animated bar stool, wore headphones, placed my hands firmly on the counter, and closed my eyes, putting myself into the position and mindset of a helpless activist being spit on, kicked, screamed and shot at around the time of Jim Crow laws.
on September 17, 2015
Episode 10 – Bobby, Nellie & Malka
on August 27, 2015
One half of my heart bid farewell to our 8th grade students with a tear in my eye, while simultaneously, the other half of my heart opened and welcomed the Programming Team to camp for the summer. I both did and didn’t really know what was in store for the summer; the calendar is set, but the seconds, minutes, and hours get programmed and planned for in real “camp” time, where ultimately, each minute was but 60 seconds.
on August 21, 2015
But that all changed as we were walking along the road toward McDuffie County with my baseball cap drenched with sweat and Torah scrolls clenched tightly against my breast. I looked down and saw that we were about to cross the Thomas Watson Bridge.
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Forward Together, Not One Step Back October 28, 2015
- Coleman Chronicle Podcast Episode 10 September 17, 2015
- Time Flies and Also Lasts Forever August 27, 2015
- Coleman Spirit Can Last All Year Long - Atlanta Jewish Times: […] on the Coleman website, get the apple br...
- Kulanu Blog » A Jewish Journey from Uganda to URJ Camp Coleman: […] click here to […]...
- DLitwak: Well written Naomi!!...
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @sbbEZas123: And @URJCampColeman alum and staff! Proud of you, Leah! https://t.co/3awE1B9Sh0
- And @URJCampColeman alum and staff! Proud of you, Leah! https://t.co/3awE1B9Sh0
- RT @iamJewishCA: It's THROWBACK THURSDAY!! Throwback to @URJCampColeman! We love our Jewish camps! #iamJewishCA #ThrowbackThursday https://…
- It's THROWBACK THURSDAY!! Throwback to @URJCampColeman! We love our Jewish camps! #iamJewishCA #ThrowbackThursday https://t.co/ecfYGH9zLs