The next day at camp we would be leaders, role models, and have responsibility. We weren’t just campers or a group of rowdy teens who had to be micro-managed with the fear of us continuously arguing with one another. I knew that after I crossed that line that would all change.
on August 1, 2015
The camp environment lends itself to creating these memorable experiences because it exists in a unique place in both space and time.
on August 1, 2015
On this trip we went to a nearby boarding school to compete in multiple sports with two other Jewish camps, Ramah Darom and Camp Judaea. I played softball with the Camp Coleman team; we ended up with a win against both camps
on July 30, 2015
But nothing could prepare me for this eye-opening experience. Laser tag and broomball were replaced by hikes to the top of a waterfall; sing-alongs in Hebrew and Luganda became an everyday occurrence; and an unbreakable spirit exuded from the smiles of every youth, despite the very real hardships they faced on a daily basis, including malaria, malnutrition and poverty.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Climbing Mountains in Machon Adventure August 4, 2015
- 10 Ways to Feel Closer to Coleman Throughout the Year August 1, 2015
- Second Session 2015 Kesher Unit Update 2 August 1, 2015
- DLitwak: Well written Naomi!!...
- Lynn and Steve Goldman: Thrilled to read about our son, Zachary Goldman, i...
- Giving the Next Generation Access to Their Dreams | NFTY Alumni |: […] a specific way. (Of course, if you want ...
Follow us on Twitter
- @URJCamps @URJCampColeman @JKBallin55 the man the myth the legend Noam Katz
- RT @URJCamps: In 2003, Noam Katz visited Uganda. In 2015, two Abayudaya women were @URJCampColeman staff. http://t.co/7rgoR400tF http://t.c…
- In 2003, Noam Katz visited Uganda. In 2015, two Abayudaya women were @URJCampColeman staff. http://t.co/7rgoR400tF http://t.co/e6xiiz83QH
- once again cried my eyes out-see ya next year @URJCampColeman