But most importantly, I understand that I have the opportunity to teach individuals that they have the power to make a difference. I want my campers to know they have the power to do something big with their lives. They have the potential to do anything they put their mind too, they just need someone to believe in them.
on November 20, 2014
on September 24, 2014
Just like the hakshivu (announcement) speaker calls our attention at Camp, the shofar blasts call our attention to the High Holidays. Listen to the different calls of the shofar in the video!
on August 25, 2014
For 50 minutes after breakfast on Thursday morning, our Hot ShoTz (and our faculty) showed their stuff, and offered equally engaging experiential Tefillah programs in areas as diverse as playdough prayer, writing their own stories prayer, Cold-Pray (a Coldplay service), Improv, and “The Theatre is Our Temple,” where campers had a chance to examine and discuss movie and TV clips that portrayed Judaism.
on August 8, 2014
The URJ’s shlichim (Israeli emissaries) were privileged last month to participate in a webinar with Natan Sharansky, the chairman of the Jewish Agency for Israel, in which he discussed the ongoing Operation Protective Edge and its implications for the shlichim, who were working in the Diaspora as conflict escalated in Israel.
on August 7, 2014
This summer we had a special opportunity to have a live discussion with Camp Coleman Alumna, Sheryl Sandberg, who is the COO of Facebook. As part of the recent Maccabiah, the campers asked her questions about her Coleman memories, her Jewish identity, and sought her insight and advice on a variety of other issues. Below you can watch a few segments from our discussion with Sheryl –we hope you will enjoy.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 4, 2013
- An Unknown Hero July 16, 2013
- Stepping Up and Standing Up in the Olim Fellowship November 20, 2014
- L’Shanah Tovah! September 24, 2014
- Hot ShoTz and Tefillahpalooza, Part Deux August 25, 2014
- Julia: I had the best summer ever this year, and Media wa...
- Camp Coleman: We do! We just started one- urjcampcoleman...
- Camp Coleman: It depends on how hungry everyone is! A 9x13" dis...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
526 days, 0 hours, 27 minutes, 15 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- “@URJCampColeman: Coleman Alumni Zak the Baker! #falafel #bureka #oneg #campscape #zakthebaker http://t.co/DZCBh5pObm” @BCynamon
- http://t.co/bDZO1r9psT to @URJCampColeman family, this is a must watch & dedicated to Malka Altman. You impacted & will be missed by many.
- @URJCampColeman tweet #mitzvahprojectpix to share all that is good! http://t.co/Y7Q0PqCcg3
- Stepping Up and Standing Up in the Olim Fellowship | Camp Coleman http://t.co/gJwGFgMiZC via @urjcampcoleman