Last week I was in Israel attending the Jewish Agency for Israel’s Summer Staff Seminar. I was asked to present a D’var Torah, and I chose to relate the Parsha to everything that we have done at Coleman over the past five years to advocate for the release of Gilad Shalit who was returned to his family last fall after being held for 5 years in captivity by Hamas. Ironically, just 3 days later, I was surprised and amazed to find myself visiting with Gilad in an apartment in Tel Aviv.
on July 12, 2011
On June 25th, Camp Coleman campers and staff staged a solidarity march to show support for Gilad Shalit on the fifth anniversary of his captivity. Our First Session videographer, David Chernak, captured footage of the march and included it at the beginning of last week’s Weekly Show. David is now in Israel working with the NFTY in Israel campers where he was able to show the video of the march to Gilad’s parents and capture this clip of them watching the support of over 600 Colemanites.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- NEW Camp Construction Update April 2, 2013
- Recipes from the Campscape Garden July 3, 2011
- Who Guards the Doorways to the Earth? June 19, 2013
- Coleman’s 50th Anniversary- A Reawakening June 16, 2013
- Shabbat Message from Bobby June 14, 2013
- Jewish Family Camp Listings: [...] SOUTHERN FAMILY CAMPSURJ Camp Coleman (Cleve...
- Jeff Goodchild: As always, the message, the warmth, and spirit of ...
- Mindy Bloom: Love reading about Camp Bobby !!! Thanks! Looking ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Camp Coleman starts:
7 days, 13 hours, 17 minutes, 24 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- @MichaelTorop shared a teaching about eco-mezuzot during a Kesher Elective. Check out our blog for pics! http://t.co/C8JtwKyHO8 #jewishcamp
- RT @dolgiexxoo: @URJCampColeman WE HAVE ARRIVED IN ISRAEL! hello from Tel Aviv!!!
- @URJCampColeman WE HAVE ARRIVED IN ISRAEL! hello from Tel Aviv!!!
- It's trip day for Bonim-Nachshonim and Machon and #mitzvah day for Kesher and Chalutzim! Such a great day!