Each year during Passover tradition tells us to rid our houses of chametz (items that are not Kosher for Passover) and stock up on Kosher for Passover foods like macaroons, fruits and vegetables, and of course matzah. We all know that matzah can be purchased by the box or case, but did you know that you can actually make your own matzah?
on January 24, 2013
Tu BiSh’vat, the “new year of the trees” or “Jewish Arbor Day”, begins tomorrow night the 25th! To celebrate this holiday, Nick, Camp Coleman’s Jewish Cooking specialist, has shared with us his recipe for muhallabieh, a Middle Eastern pudding dish with fruit and nuts. Watch Nick as he guides us through the recipe and teaches us how to cook this tasty treat!
on October 29, 2012
Thanks to Myra Wolfson, Camp Coleman alumna and parent of two current Coleman staff members, we can share with you the official Camp Coleman Cookbook- from 1971! Not sure the last time chopped liver was made in Jewish Cooking, but latkes, matzo brie, and some of the other dishes are still made in Jewish Cooking today. B’tayavon (bon appetit) and enjoy!
on July 11, 2012
Food is an integral part of Judaism both culturally and religiously- and it’s an integral part of Camp Coleman! We’ve had several requests for the recipes from the Tarbut class (cultural elective) Jewish Cooking so you can take a piece of camp home with you.
on July 31, 2011
Food has always been an important part of Jewish tradition, and here at Camp Coleman we take our Jewish cooking very seriously. Some of our campers who signed up for the Jewish Cooking Tarbut decided to share their favorite recipes.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- Opening Day Video and First Full Day June 13, 2011
- Recipes from Jewish Cooking- Yum! July 11, 2012
- Family Camp 2013! May 10, 2013
- Israel and Israelis May 9, 2013
- A Letter to Coleman Alumni (and Contest!) May 9, 2013
- Lucy Adelman: THAT'S MY BROTHER!!!! We love Camp Coleman!!!...
- Shaina: Get fan's in the rooms please...
- Happy camper: How about some wifi? ;)...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Camp Coleman starts:
in 20 days, 15 hours, 13 minutes, 3 seconds