The transition from Zikaron to Atzmaut, tempered by the horrifying news of a pigua (terrorist attack) in Boston, really struck me. How can you be so sad, mourning thousands of Israel’s fallen in the very place where Rabin was assassinated, and then, in just one day, transition into singing and dancing outside of City Hall in Jerusalem?
on May 14, 2012
Last week I was in Israel attending the Jewish Agency for Israel’s Summer Staff Seminar. I was asked to present a D’var Torah, and I chose to relate the Parsha to everything that we have done at Coleman over the past five years to advocate for the release of Gilad Shalit who was returned to his family last fall after being held for 5 years in captivity by Hamas. Ironically, just 3 days later, I was surprised and amazed to find myself visiting with Gilad in an apartment in Tel Aviv.
on April 24, 2012
Camp Coleman will be celebrating 50 years of Jewish camping this August 24-26 in the North Georgia Mountains, but we wanted to celebrate with our friends in Israel too! Almost 200 Shlichim from the past 12 years have been invited to join together to celebrate on May 8th in Kibbutz Shfayim.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- Opening Day Video and First Full Day June 13, 2011
- Recipes from Jewish Cooking- Yum! July 11, 2012
- Family Camp 2013! May 10, 2013
- Israel and Israelis May 9, 2013
- A Letter to Coleman Alumni (and Contest!) May 9, 2013
- Lucy Adelman: THAT'S MY BROTHER!!!! We love Camp Coleman!!!...
- Shaina: Get fan's in the rooms please...
- Happy camper: How about some wifi? ;)...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Camp Coleman starts:
in 20 days, 7 hours, 58 minutes, 57 seconds