The campers and staff worked hard all week gathering research material and writing for the weekly Coleman E-tone (Hebrew for newspaper). We hope you enjoy!
on June 9, 2012
So… you decided to send your child to URJ Camp Coleman in the beautiful mountains of Cleveland, GA for the summer. If you are anything like me, you’ve probably spent some sleepless nights asking yourself if you made the right decision. Rest assured, you did!!
on May 24, 2012
Cornerstone is an elite North American fellowship of third-year cabin counselors to raise retention in bunk leadership an peer mentorship within the counselor cohorts in camps. As one of the original camps to participate in the program for the last ten years, Camp Director Bobby Harris was invited to reflect on the program and its impact on our staff for the Foundation’s ‘Campfire’ blog.
on April 5, 2012
Food- it’s an essential part of camp, giving us energy to do all of the activities we want to do at camp. We all have our favorite meals- pasta shells, steak fajitas, or of course the beloved chicken pattie. We are currently looking to hire a year-round assistant kitchen supervisor, and we need your help!
on March 8, 2012
Recognizing the potential of Jewish youth philanthropy programs to empower and educate teens about effective philanthropy and Jewish values, JTFN will work closely with grantees on program development and staff training. Summer camps from around the Jewish community demonstrated overwhelming interest in the pilot program, with twice as many applications as slots available.
on December 6, 2011
It’s that time of year that we begin the interview process for our summer 2012- this week alone we are interviewing 35 applicants!
Our staff members have a lasting impact on campers while receiving true responsibility as well as the freedom of creativity.
on October 19, 2011
It’s almost Simchat Torah, and just like we close another year of Torah readings and begin again, we celebrate another great summer at Camp Coleman and prepare for the next. Here in the office we have been thinking about ways to make next summer even better than the last (if that’s even possible!), we’ve been visiting Colemanites across the region, and working to get campers registered for 2012.
- Confessions from a first-time camp mom and staff member: A staff week recap June 9, 2012
- NEW Camp Construction Update April 2, 2013
- Recipes from the Campscape Garden July 3, 2011
- Who Guards the Doorways to the Earth? June 19, 2013
- Coleman’s 50th Anniversary- A Reawakening June 16, 2013
- Shabbat Message from Bobby June 14, 2013
- Jewish Family Camp Listings: [...] SOUTHERN FAMILY CAMPSURJ Camp Coleman (Cleve...
- Jeff Goodchild: As always, the message, the warmth, and spirit of ...
- Mindy Bloom: Love reading about Camp Bobby !!! Thanks! Looking ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Camp Coleman starts:
7 days, 7 hours, 32 minutes, 8 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- @MichaelTorop shared a teaching about eco-mezuzot during a Kesher Elective. Check out our blog for pics! http://t.co/C8JtwKyHO8 #jewishcamp
- RT @dolgiexxoo: @URJCampColeman WE HAVE ARRIVED IN ISRAEL! hello from Tel Aviv!!!
- @URJCampColeman WE HAVE ARRIVED IN ISRAEL! hello from Tel Aviv!!!
- It's trip day for Bonim-Nachshonim and Machon and #mitzvah day for Kesher and Chalutzim! Such a great day!