This year’s Maccabia was absolutely incredible. There were so many memories that campers and staff of Blue Destruction and White Creation will never forget. Here is a small glimpse into the action packed four and half days of Maccabia 2014.
on August 16, 2014
Our final Shabbat services were led by Nitzanim and Olim, the youngest and oldest units on camp. Here are some of the writings they read for the Crane Lake community on Friday night and Saturday morning. Their words made our last Shabbat together incredibly special. By Ashlee This is my first year at camp and I was warmly welcomed. I was taught a lot of traditions like the special CLC birthday song and the lunch time song – Everybody Dance Now. I am now a part of these traditions. That have been going through this camp from well honestly I […]
on August 13, 2014
Captains ’14 have done an incredible job leading Crane Lake in Maccabia this week. They’ve been busy doing all sorts of things to make this color war the best yet. Here are a few reflections written by the captains on how their days have been. Caleb C. I became a new camper here at Crane Lake this year in Olim as the only new camper out of 78. All of the campers and staff worked to make me feel welcome and within the first two days, Crane Lake already felt like my second home. Being a first-year captain during color […]
on August 12, 2014
Dear Crane Lake Families, This week has been a blast. With trip days, the play, a Tikkun Olam trip and fair, half marathon and Olim ’13 visiting day, there wasn’t any time for a dull moment. While the end of summer is creeping up on us, we are so thankful to have one more week in the Crane Lake bubble filled with action-packed, colorful Maccabia fun. Trip day was enjoyable for all. Nitzanim went to Lake Compounce to ride roller coasters and get soaked in some water park splashes. Bonim had fun on the big rides at 6 Flags and […]
on August 11, 2014
By Jenny Rehkugler, Communications Specialist Maccabia 2014 has come to Crane Lake in full force. Blue destruction and White Creation have split our camp in two. Last’s night’s breakout had everyone pumped for the week as past generals returned from a foamy pit in the lake. New generals were announced on the main lawn before campers and staff ventured onto the tennis courts for a full-blown foam party with bubbles galore. It is a huge honor to be a Maccabia general here at Crane Lake and last night eight new members, blue and white, were added to list. For the […]
on August 10, 2014
We are so happy to be in the running for a 2nd annual Clippy award! Each year the URJ compiles the 10 best blog posts of the summer from the Clipboard newsletter and now its up to the public to vote on the best one. It’s an honor to be a candidate for the second year in the row. Last year, Jeffrey Schwartz wrote a blog about his experience donating bone marrow to the Gift of Life. Jeff’s blog won the Clippy award last year and this year we want to go for the gold again. read Jeff’s blog from last […]
on August 9, 2014
This week upper and lower Bonim led Shabbat services on Friday night and Saturday morning. The themes celebrated this week were Tikkun Olam, advocacy and philanthropy. Bonim wrote beautiful writings for the services and we want to share them with you. By Lillian R. For our art project, we decided to decorate puzzle pieces with problems and solutions in our world. The puzzle pieces represent how everyone can make a difference to make our home a better place. As you can see, there is a missing piece in the puzzle. This shows how there is always more work that can […]
- CLC Helps Out in Sandy Relief April 26, 2013
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- Maccabia 2012 LIVE! Tweeting, Blogging, Photos, and More August 12, 2012
- Maccabia 2014 Video August 19, 2014
- Shabbat Snippets 8/16 August 16, 2014
- Maccabia Captain Reflections August 13, 2014
- John Smith: I'm a crane laker and I don't do any of this....
- Gail Fishman Gerwin: It has been a pleasure to read about acvities at C...
- Gail L.: Yay - they're home!...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
417 days, 18 hours, 36 minutes, 2 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- Lily's signed up for Crane Lake - let the #countdown begin! #summertimeforever @urjcranelake http://t.co/ZIPpBgXby9
- Sci-Tech, @URJCraneLake and @URJEisnerCamp watching the Apple keynote presentation #Apple #soscitech http://t.co/mSfTyhodly
- RT @JC_Cohen: JData is hiring! We are looking for a full time web developer to help maintain and improve our site and database.... http://t…
- RT @gokesher: Registration 4 the Winter/Spring Taglit-Birthright season opens on 9/9! Sign up w URJ Kesher- http://t.co/UROkGMrTGs! http://…