Camp is special. But, you already know that! We already know that camp changes lives, but it is always framed in the big picture. We love getting together, reminiscing, looking at old photographs, taking new ones, and remembering the impact that camp had on us. At Eisner and Crane Lake, we are so proud of our alumni and we wanted to express this by sharing with you a few updates. ICYMI: Eisner Camp Reunion & Crane Lake Camp Reunion As we enter the new secular year, our camp families have a lot to be proud of. Not only do our […]
on March 3, 2015
How many Crane Lakers can you spot in this NFTY convention 2015 video?
on November 12, 2014
There are so many things that make Crane Lake unique and important to the lives of our campers and staff. This includes everything from the unforgettable friendships we make to writing our own stories into the Crane Lake history books. This summer will be a particularly special one for Crane Lake, as it marks our Chai (18th) summer as a Union for Reform Judaism Camp. To honor our URJ Chai birthday we will be rolling out our “Journey to 18” Buzzfeed-style blog posts that celebrate the Crane Lake experience. The “Journey to 18” is your opportunity to share with us […]
on November 12, 2014
It’s almost Thanksgiving, and we can’t help but keep smiling about this past summer at Crane Lake and how special it really was. Sometimes it takes time to realize the power of a summer like the summer of 2014, and we think now is a good time to reflect on the highlights. The summer began with jaws dropping as people entered the red gates and saw our new Chadar Ochel. This new facility enabled us to eat as a community and celebrate Shabbat all together for the first time in many years. Not only were we able to be together, […]
on August 19, 2014
This year’s Maccabia was absolutely incredible. There were so many memories that campers and staff of Blue Destruction and White Creation will never forget. Here is a small glimpse into the action packed four and half days of Maccabia 2014.
on August 16, 2014
Our final Shabbat services were led by Nitzanim and Olim, the youngest and oldest units on camp. Here are some of the writings they read for the Crane Lake community on Friday night and Saturday morning. Their words made our last Shabbat together incredibly special. By Ashlee This is my first year at camp and I was warmly welcomed. I was taught a lot of traditions like the special CLC birthday song and the lunch time song – Everybody Dance Now. I am now a part of these traditions. That have been going through this camp from well honestly I […]
- CLC Helps Out in Sandy Relief April 26, 2013
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- Maccabia 2012 LIVE! Tweeting, Blogging, Photos, and More August 12, 2012
- Crane Lake and Eisner Alumni Updates March 30, 2015
- NFTY Convention 2015! March 3, 2015
- Happy Hanukkah! December 16, 2014
- John Smith: I'm a crane laker and I don't do any of this....
- Gail Fishman Gerwin: It has been a pleasure to read about acvities at C...
- Gail L.: Yay - they're home!...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
672 days, 6 hours, 10 minutes, 1 second ago
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @URJ: Our prayers go out to all affected by the Amtrak crash. We remember especially Rachel Jacobs, z"l, a @NFTY alum: http://t.co/baEIt…
- Time is running out to save $4000 on #Fall2015 tuition for @NFTYEIE High School in Israel. For more info, check out http://t.co/y8ezCqWshP.
- several cool tweets you might have not noticed via @URJCraneLake @bostonjfilmfest @jcdsboston http://t.co/HciBwt6sCr
- Crane Lake &Eisner welcome Emily Messinger as director of the northeast teen collective http://t.co/AWGSeTyZ8N #eisnercamp #cranelakecamp