What an incredible Maccabia! In the final days of camp, Blue and White competed as White Desert and Blue Rainforest. The competition was complete with the Ruach that is Crane Lake Camp. From Tug to Bucket Brigade to Rope Burn, the energy was electric! Your could taste the excitement and you could certainly see the joy in our campers faces as they cheered for their teammates on Blue and White as well as cheered for the opposing team on a job well done. In the end, the Blue Desert prevailed as winners and the ax was removed from the stump […]
on August 15, 2013
By Melissa Palombi, Art Director at Crane Lake Camp Along with all the other activities at Crane Lake, I wanted to share some of the great projects that we have made in the art room this summer! As the Art Director this year I decided to bring my passion for paper, book arts, and the dying art of letter writing to camp. We started the summer off with all three. Our first chugim took on paper making with two large vats of fibers to make pink cotton paper and denim blue jeans to create a dark paper. Each camper had […]
on August 11, 2013
10:52pm- What does everybody want?! Choco Taco! Choco Taco! Choco Taco! 10:49pm- Maccabia 2013 goes to… BLUE RAINFOREST!!!!! 10:37pm- The camp unites, Blue and White, for the alma mater, and Olim is together again!! 10:28pm- The results are in… Who do you think will take the win for Maccabia 2013?! 10:06pm- The Generals of Blue and White come together. And as the results are being calculated, the camp comes together in song!! 10:04pm- And here’s the Maccabia plaque!!! 10:00pm- The fight songs have been completed and the banners are being presented for White Desert and Blue Rainforest! 9:44pm- Both teams […]
on July 30, 2013
Rabbi Melissa Buyer, Director of Lifelong Learning at Temple Israel of the City of New York photo blogs the journey of Olim and Chaverim Campers in their Kesher unit aimed at exploring individual dignity, returning to your best self , personal satisfaction, and humility. We discussed how we might protect and guard the dignity of others as we would want ours to be protected, we looked for strategies to avoid bullying, we dissected media advertisements aimed to persuade us to want more “stuff” instead of being satisfied with all the blessings in our lives and we talked about how we […]
- CLC Helps Out in Sandy Relief April 26, 2013
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- Maccabia 2012 LIVE! Tweeting, Blogging, Photos, and More August 12, 2012
- Maccabia Memories 2013 August 23, 2013
- Making Art the Crane Lake Way August 15, 2013
- Lake Compounce and Six Flags August 11, 2013
- Travis Marina: Looks like great fun. Very artistic -- especially ...
- Alexa Sklar: Aw thank you all so much for reading! :) I'm so ...
- Sharon Portnoy: I think this is wonderful and I applaud everyone c...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
140 days, 10 hours, 15 minutes, 10 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- So touched & honored to be this year's @URJEisnerCamp @URJCraneLake Honoree. Come join us! #CampLovesDavidWolfman http://t.co/rgbQlasrue
- @Rowwshell Once last summer at @URJCraneLake , but I was a camper for 3 years at a different camp.... Basically I just LOVE summer camps!
- Can't Wait MT @JewishCamp: Will u be at #Leaders2014 @urjcranelake @RamahPoconos @BHECamps @CampNorthland http://t.co/r3C9Hz4M81 #jewishcamp
- Will you be at #Leaders2014? @urjcranelake @CampInc @RamahPoconos @BHECamps @CampNorthland will! Join us: http://t.co/bU97gu07gI #jewishcamp