by Barbara Lerman-Golomb. Originally posted on the Reform Judaism Blog. Read the entire article: http://blogs.rj.org/blog/2012/08/16/camp-the-great-continuum/ It’s hard to believe that camp is nearing the homestretch. Just a few short weeks ago, my husband and I had the opportunity to officially welcome second session families when we volunteered at Crane Lake Camp in West Stockbridge, MA, for Opening Day. The old timers waltzed in confidently to their “second home,” while the newbies moved with trepidation into this unfamiliar territory. Many of the children held tightly to belongings, mostly stuffed animals that would comfort them, helping to ease their home to camp transition. As [...]
on June 3, 2012
It was a wonderful day in the Berkshires as we welcomed more than 75 new families to camp to meet, play, tour and get a feel for what Crane Lake Camp is all about. Our staff lined up on State Line Road just before 1pm to welcome our families as they drove through the gates to greet our smiling families. 25 of our senior staff members and 15 counselors spent the day helping our campers begin to feel at home at Crane Lake. We began with introductions from our experienced and committed staff and joined together with everyone to sing [...]
on October 14, 2011
It’s Friday night at 10:30, and all is quiet in Eisner Camp. Sixty-six new campers are tucked in their bunks under the watchful eyes of twenty outstanding Crane Lake and Eisner counselors.
on June 5, 2011
First time campers spent a wonderful afternoon at camp for New Camper Orientation Day on Sunday, June 5th, 2011. More than 100 first time campers and their families had the opportunity to tour camp, make new friends, meet some of our great staff members and learn much more about what camp will be like.
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- Maccabia 2012 LIVE! Tweeting, Blogging, Photos, and More August 12, 2012
- Olim Fellows Repairing the World One Bunk at a Time July 8, 2011
- Camp Store, grUVy Wear, Bunk 1 and More May 22, 2013
- CLC Helps Out in Sandy Relief April 26, 2013
- Thank You! “I Cannot Wait to See this Dining Hall” March 19, 2013
- milfhunter: I have study not 1 write-up in your blog. You’re...
- Insurance: Comments are these wonderful signal blogposts over...
- polish site: I'm extremely impressed with your writing skills ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Crane Lake starts:
in 33 days, 16 hours, 20 minutes, 5 seconds