B’reishit, the first portion of the Torah, is all about creation and beginnings. For both the Zohar and for Eisner Camp, it all begins with the Torah.
on August 24, 2015
In the summer of 2008, my two daughters walked through the gates of URJ Eisner Camp. At ages 8 and 11 they had decided to go to sleep away camp together – actually my oldest daughter had picked the camp and then my younger one announced that she was going too, despite my better judgment.
on August 11, 2015
From trips to programs to plays to MACCABIAH, it’s been an incredible week at Eisner! Each week, we share an update with you from our unit heads about what our campers have been doing. We hope you enjoy this week’s slice of life inside the bubble.
on August 9, 2015
This summer in Limud our Ofarim campers focused on Tikkun Olam, which means “repairing the world.” They learned about various social justice issues and how they can address them, both here at camp and beyond the bubble after the summer.
on August 6, 2015
I’m honored to be back at camp as a member of the Eisner Faculty for my third summer. For me, one of the most significant parts of being at camp is the opportunity to gain important perspective on the work that I do year-round. Last year, I reflected on the intersection between my work at camp and my work at my synagogue the rest of the year. This year, I’m mindful of the power of contemporary popular music, and the power it still has to fuel our Jewish identities.
on August 4, 2015
It’s a beautiful day at Eisner Camp and we’ve had an incredible start to Session Two! Want to know what your child’s unit is up to? Each week, we share an update with you from our unit heads about what our campers did last week. We hope you enjoy this week’s slice of life inside the bubble.
on July 29, 2015
Passing the Torah to the next generation is the true mission of any Jewish camp. Eisner Camp takes that mission literally. Each session, the Opening Ceremony begins in the camp’s outdoor Beit Tefilah (sanctuary) with the entire camp seated by age unit.
- Eisner’s 55th Throwback Thursday – Maccabiah Dance Edition August 15, 2013
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- The Daily Bubble 2013 June 14, 2013
- B’reishit: Back to the Beginning October 9, 2015
- Why I Sent My Girls to Jewish Sleep Away Camp August 24, 2015
- Jewish Life Weekly Update – Maccabiah and More August 14, 2015
- Music Still Has the Power to Move Us | URJ Eisner Camp: […] is the opportunity to gain important per...
- Karyn Gallant: And this is one of the big reasons we send our chi...
- Balentine family: Great stuff happens @ Eisner! That's why we send...
Follow us on Twitter
- All that's missing is you #olimhill #shabbatshalom #thinkingofsummer @ URJ Eisner Camp https://t.co/3sVhHVuDRP
- What do this week's Torah portion, B'reishit, & camp have in common? #ShabbatShalom http://t.co/tK0bOG528R
- In honor of the postseason #tbt to summer baseball at camp #octoberbaseball #postseason #NLDS #ALDS @… https://t.co/yD6WdDm7zO
- We had a blast partying with our Eisner friends at Lucia's Bat Mitzvah! @urjeisnercamp #urjeisnercamp... http://t.co/mIGcfP751o