By Stephen Weitzman Amazing! Absolutely Amazing! Those are the only words that immediately come to mind to accurately describe all that took place at Camp Chazak, the URJ’s program for children whose social development makes it difficult for them to function in a “typical” camp environment, which is held each year at Eisner and Crane Lake Camps. Then again, the word exceptional also comes close! That’s the word that describes the caring and nurturing staff of tireless counselors, led by Eisner Camp’s Assistant Director Marissa Frankel and Psychology Doctoral Student Rachel Schein, who provided almost 1:1 coverage of the Camp [...]
on September 6, 2012
on February 15, 2012
Camp Chazak, a program of URJ Eisner and Crane Lake By Marissa Frankel, MS Ed, Assistant Director URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps February 2012 is the 4th Annual Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month. A month dedicated to raising awareness and expanding the inclusivity of the Jewish community. URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps is dedicated to creating a more inclusive community, and several years ago began the planning for a camp for children with special needs. On August 21, 2011 just days after second session wrapped, URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camp’s newest program, Camp Chazak, began its inaugural summer. [...]
on May 20, 2011
Children with special needs have a spirit that is present and necessary in our community. The Eisner and Crane Lake family is growing; we are stretching our arms to be truly inclusive. On August 21, just days after our second session wraps up, Camp Chazak will begin its inaugural summer. It will offer children with various needs a chance to have a Reform Jewish camp experience.
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp June 25, 2012
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp August 18, 2011
- Camp Unplugged May 7, 2013
- Olim Beit Am May 6, 2013
- Camp Chazak: Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month February 3, 2013
- Lisa: Speaking of Olim......Where are the postings of al...
- Sonia: I think it is great to be unplugged!! I know my ch...
- stuart: woah, they banned handheld games and electronics? ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Eisner Camp starts:
in 35 days, 10 hours, 58 minutes, 55 seconds