Hey all! This is Ori Zeevi, from Tel Aviv, and Eliana Fischel, from New York, representing URJ Eisner Camp. We just finished our first week of the Roswell Klal Yisrael Fellowship. We arrived to Jerusalem with thirteen other leaders from Jewish progressive movements around the world. We were joined by young professionals from Belarus, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Israel, and the United States. While we both anticipated a week of formal and informal learning, we had no idea the trans-formative experience we were about to embark on. The program itself was eye-opening. We met with numerous leaders from all different sects […]
on January 8, 2015
on September 6, 2012
By Stephen Weitzman Amazing! Absolutely Amazing! Those are the only words that immediately come to mind to accurately describe all that took place at Camp Chazak, the URJ’s program for children whose social development makes it difficult for them to function in a “typical” camp environment, which is held each year at Eisner and Crane Lake Camps. Then again, the word exceptional also comes close! That’s the word that describes the caring and nurturing staff of tireless counselors, led by Eisner Camp’s Assistant Director Marissa Frankel and Psychology Doctoral Student Rachel Schein, who provided almost 1:1 coverage of the Camp […]
on August 2, 2012
As the melodic sound of guitars filled the air at 5:15pm, we knew Shabbat was here. Everyone was sporting their white attire as they gathered for Kabbalat Shabbat with their bunkmates and counselors. Songs were sung like “Boi Kallah” and “La Yehudim” to welcome in the magic of Shabbat. Our community came together in song, and then walked down to the Chadar Ochel for dinner. Shabbat dinner is a unique experience for the campers, as they are allowed to sit with family and friends as well as experience the beauty of coming together to celebrate the end of the week. […]
on June 3, 2012
Article originally published in, New York Family 2012 Written by Eisner Camp Staff Member, Ariel Milan-Polisar In my experience, eleven-year-old girls are mainly into belting Taylor Swift songs and painting nails, and older girls who’ll do all that with them. Eight years ago I was one of those eleven-year-old girls and now, as a counselor, I get to be the older girl. I’ve grown up spending summers at URJ Eisner Camp in Great Barrington, MA, since I was 10-years-old, looking up to my incredible counselors. There was nobody cooler than the counselors who towered over me and knew what to […]
on February 15, 2012
Camp Chazak, a program of URJ Eisner and Crane Lake By Marissa Frankel, MS Ed, Assistant Director URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps February 2012 is the 4th Annual Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month. A month dedicated to raising awareness and expanding the inclusivity of the Jewish community. URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps is dedicated to creating a more inclusive community, and several years ago began the planning for a camp for children with special needs. On August 21, 2011 just days after second session wrapped, URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camp’s newest program, Camp Chazak, began its inaugural summer. […]
on November 2, 2011
When I decided to take a gap year before going to college and come to Serbia, I was worried about many things, but mostly about how to maintain my Jewish identity without the camp, NFTY, and temple communities as immediate support. As a Bonim (3rd through 5th grade) counselor this past summer, I relished each moment that I was surrounded by the Eisner community – the interactive services, the supportive environment, and the opportunity to live Jewishly 24/7. Eisner is the community that nurtured me and helped me grow into the Jew—and person—that I am. Coming to Serbia was a […]
on May 19, 2011
For those of us with first-hand experience of the value added from summer camp experiences, a recent study from the Foundation for Jewish Camp only reinforces what we’ve long known: Jewish summer camp not only works, but lays the groundwork for a more vibrant Jewish future.
- Eisner’s 55th Throwback Thursday – Maccabiah Dance Edition August 15, 2013
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- The Daily Bubble 2013 June 14, 2013
- Why I Sent My Girls to Jewish Sleep Away Camp August 24, 2015
- Jewish Life Weekly Update – Maccabiah and More August 14, 2015
- Unit Head Update – Maccabiah, Trips, and More! August 11, 2015
- Karyn Gallant: And this is one of the big reasons we send our chi...
- Balentine family: Great stuff happens @ Eisner! That's why we send...
- Holli: Nola, Just wanted to thank you for the link b/c m...
Follow us on Twitter
- We love Eisner Camp! @urjeisnercamp #eisnercamp #eisner2015 #urjeisnercamp #summercamptour #toddyahney... http://t.co/EMunyJtcii
- RT @NFTYNE: Here at Summer Institute we're preparing for Shabbat at URJ Crane Lake Camp and reflecting on the incredible past... http://t.c…
- Piyut+Camp = A beautiful version of Adon Olam http://t.co/1EoW9jv8sH #summer2015 #video @URJEisnerCamp #tbt #SummerCamp #piyut #jewishmusic
- For my former co counselor @urjeisnercamp #cheeseburgerinparadise jimmybuffett @nikonjbt… https://t.co/TxNeAmDM0V