As youth educators, one of the main goals that we seek to accomplish is to create opportunities for our teens to form strong connections with one another and with the greater Jewish community. These connections are fostered throughout the year during events, classes, and retreats…our teens come back from these experiences excited, energized and wanting more. For the last two summers, the participants at NFTY-Northeast’s Summer Institute have had the unique opportunity of forming these strong relationships not only with one another, but with the campers at Camp Chazak, a one week program for children with social and emotional disabilities [...]
on December 4, 2012
on February 15, 2012
Camp Chazak, a program of URJ Eisner and Crane Lake By Marissa Frankel, MS Ed, Assistant Director URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps February 2012 is the 4th Annual Jewish Disabilities Awareness Month. A month dedicated to raising awareness and expanding the inclusivity of the Jewish community. URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camps is dedicated to creating a more inclusive community, and several years ago began the planning for a camp for children with special needs. On August 21, 2011 just days after second session wrapped, URJ Eisner and Crane Lake Camp’s newest program, Camp Chazak, began its inaugural summer. [...]
on July 16, 2011
After spending a few days at Kibbutz Yahel, the first Reform kibbutz in Israel, we set out on a 4 day excursion into the Negev desert. It was extremely difficult but it brought us together as a community. Sleeping under the stars and learning about the plight of the Israelites thousands of years ago helped us connect with our Jewish heritage.
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp June 25, 2012
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp August 18, 2011
- Camp Store, grUVy Wear, Bunk 1 and More May 22, 2013
- Camp Unplugged May 7, 2013
- Olim Beit Am May 6, 2013
- Lisa: Speaking of Olim......Where are the postings of al...
- Sonia: I think it is great to be unplugged!! I know my ch...
- stuart: woah, they banned handheld games and electronics? ...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Eisner Camp starts:
in 33 days, 7 hours, 2 minutes, 29 seconds