Dear Friends, As you pull into camp this summer, the first thing that you will see is our new sculpture and ark. This amazing structure is a symbol of our heritage and our faith, and adds to the beauty of our Beit Tefila (outdoor sanctuary). Rabbi Eric and Laura Gurvis and their family have donated the sculpture and the Ner Tamid, and Temple Israel of Jamaica Queens has donated the ark and the Torah it holds. We are honored to have such a meaningful gift on our grounds. The Berkshire Press recently wrote about it as a front page article [...]
on August 15, 2011
At the far ends of Eisner Camp – way up the hill past the A-frames, through the woods past the soccer fields and past the tennis courts – lie some of the coolest programs that we offer. Most Eisner alumni and even recent campers won’t even recognize Eisner’s Outdoor Education programs. Our campers don’t just learn about the outdoors, they experience it firsthand. And once they do, they come back to camp with renewed excitement and go home with all sorts of new skills.
on July 16, 2011
After spending a few days at Kibbutz Yahel, the first Reform kibbutz in Israel, we set out on a 4 day excursion into the Negev desert. It was extremely difficult but it brought us together as a community. Sleeping under the stars and learning about the plight of the Israelites thousands of years ago helped us connect with our Jewish heritage.
on July 3, 2011
During the Tzofim year, all of the boys in Tzofim have their Teva overnight together, rather than by bunk, like the rest of camp. This “all boys” campout gave us a day to bond and become brothers. Before the overnight, the people in both bunks were friends but had much less communication, because we were not living together. The hours we spent together allowed everyone to have at least two conversations with everyone in the other bunk.
- Because of Camp I… November 17, 2011
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp June 25, 2012
- The Daily Bubble: A Publication of Eisner Camp August 18, 2011
- Meet the 2013 Senior Staff June 17, 2013
- The Daily Bubble 2013 June 14, 2013
- Farming and Greening at Eisner Camp June 11, 2013
- best free browser based mmorpg: Hello i am kavin, its my first occasion to comment...
- profile pic png: Very energetic blog, I loved that bit. Will there ...
- moster cok: Thanks for ones marvelous posting! I really enjoye...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Eisner Camp starts:
in 6 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes, 37 seconds
Follow us on Twitter
- So glad I saw @Pank_Daddy @B_Swagerman @itskkscott @erlevine and Ari at @URJEisnerCamp today! #NFTYGenBo #TowerStaff #kutz13
- @yfarbs we miss you too!! Have fun at @URJEisnerCamp staff week!
- Heading off to @URJEisnerCamp for tower staff training!
- 'Watch Our Garden Grow." @URJEisnerCamp & Amir team up to learn about sustainability & healthy living for the world. http://t.co/TgyhTCwgtR