By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- From Mini Mensch To Camper: Jacob’s CG Story August 27, 2014
- Fun-Jew-Cation with Josh #7 August 21, 2014
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! August 15, 2014
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] We are also thrilled to have our second ...
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] not be what it is without the leadership...
- Ron Miller: Dear Deborah, David, and Noah, I want you all to...
campers Tikkun Olam Programming Shabbat Ropes Nitzotzot Jeff Education Drama Israel Summer 2013 reflections Music Skill Building KK learning C.I.T. camper Faculty songleading Sports baseball Fundraising Friendship CITS Barak staff community Mishlachat Camper Care video Steering Committee Jane HK Jewish Living Fun Alumni Lehavot NFTY summer 2011 Twitter Summer 2012 Leadership summer 2011
Follow us on Twitter
- Ethan from B5 will miss the freedom to spend time with his camp friends and the memories that they made. #CG2014 #MissingMapleLake
- Austin from L3 will miss paddlesports, because he really likes it and also the environment- the people and nature. #CG2014 #MissingMapleLake
- “@URJCampGeorge: C.I.T. Sasha will miss the people and all of her friends! #CG2014 #MissingMapleLake” @sashi_1998
- C.I.T. Sasha will miss the people and all of her friends! #CG2014 #MissingMapleLake