By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- Camp Is Better With More Friends March 2, 2015
- What We Learned At NFTY Convention 2015 March 1, 2015
- Introducing Development Director Steven Greenwood February 25, 2015
- Sheldon and Ruth Ellen Greenwood: Mazel tov and yasher Koach! Great opportunity for ...
- Suzie Lyon: I love you both so much! This made sense from the ...
- Catching Up With Our RSY-Shnat Participants | Camp George: […] P.S. To read Rebecca’s recent refl...
camper Fundraising Programming Fun summer 2011 Leadership staff Twitter Summer 2012 Jewish Living Camper Care Music Ropes campers Sports Shabbat video Tikkun Olam Faculty Summer 2013 Israel Memories NFTY Alumni CITS Skill Building C.I.T. Health and Safety community Lehavot Education songleading Jane HK 2011 Steering Committee Friendship learning Jeff KK reflections Nitzotzot baseball Barak Mishlachat
Follow us on Twitter
- “@URJCampGeorge: Now these look fun to make! http://t.co/JBQa4SwsnE. http://t.co/w1Sjnx1uIR” new out door dinner recipe?? #maybemaybenot
- Now these look fun to make! http://t.co/WIfPoV6NOX. http://t.co/NkSnQiuPgE
- Because there's nothing like camp friends.https://t.co/z5HgyGe21t. Happy Monday!
- RT @gokesher: YUM! RT @URJCampGeorge: Thanks to @JewishCamp for this s'more #Hamantaschen recipe http://t.co/AIYq3vLHUU http://t.co/BDKxnGa…