By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) [...]
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- A Reflection On My C.I.T. Experience August 24, 2012
- A Reflection On My C.I.T. Experience September 4, 2012
- Building Camper Friendships All Year Long May 23, 2013
- A Word from Our E.I.E. Participants May 21, 2013
- Our 2013 Scholarship Telethon May 17, 2013
- A Word from Our E.I.E. Participants | Camp George: [...] I’m thrilled to be sharing words from memb...
- Immigration Solicitor Hackney: Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjo...
- cars: A little bit of knowledge goes a long way in all s...
Lehavot Steering Committee Twitter Nitzotzot Why Our Kids Have To Get Back To George! 2011 community Island Advenrture Shabbat learning Jeff Faculty staff Fundraising Sports C.I.T. Israel Skill Building Drama reflections CITS Kochavim campers George At Home: Using Camp Skills in Real Life Leadership KK camper baseball George Got Me Here Jane Says Ropes Summer 2012 video Jane HK Camper Care Music camp songleading Alumni summer Junior Camper Village Friendship summer 2011 Summer 2013
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Camp George starts:
in 37 days, 1 hour, 32 minutes, 11 seconds