By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- Fun-Jew-Cation with Josh: Week #4 July 29, 2014
- Get To Know Nurse Gert July 28, 2014
- Behind The Scenes of The CG Games July 26, 2014
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] We are also thrilled to have our second ...
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] not be what it is without the leadership...
- Ron Miller: Dear Deborah, David, and Noah, I want you all to...
Alumni Summer 2013 Nitzotzot Leadership Jane HK C.I.T. baseball Shabbat campers 2011 Friendship Jewish Living Tikkun Olam Drama video Fun Lehavot Ropes Barak Twitter Skill Building Israel Camper Care camper NFTY Sports reflections Fundraising community Community-Wide Internship Program Programming Mishlachat Steering Committee Jeff Summer 2012 Faculty songleading learning summer 2011 summer CITS staff KK Music