By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- Fun-Jew-Cation with Josh: Week #3 July 21, 2014
- Get To Know Artist In Residence Billy Jonas July 20, 2014
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! July 19, 2014
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] We are also thrilled to have our second ...
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] not be what it is without the leadership...
- Ron Miller: Dear Deborah, David, and Noah, I want you all to...
summer Fun Friendship learning C.I.T. Sports Summer 2012 camper Shabbat Tikkun Olam Fundraising Alumni staff Music campers Steering Committee 2011 Twitter Faculty KK NFTY Israel Jeff Leadership Jewish Living Jane HK Barak Drama summer 2011 Camper Care reflections community Programming Community-Wide Internship Program Nitzotzot Skill Building CITS songleading Ropes Mishlachat Summer 2013 baseball video Lehavot
Follow us on Twitter
- After fantastic final evening unit programs our campers are enjoying one last sleep on Maple Lake! See you in the AM.
- RT @JoshDubs1: Camp George first session is drawing to a close @URJCampGeorge #aish http://t.co/2EDRKWCjhh
- Camp George first session is drawing to a close @URJCampGeorge #aish http://t.co/2EDRKWCjhh