By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- The Ultimate Camp Care Package August 4, 2015
- Favourite Mini Mensch Memories August 4, 2015
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George August 1, 2015
- Ensuring Playground Safety On Maple Lake | Camp George: […] Last summer, I noticed that not everyone...
- The Second Annual CG Games | Camp George: […] some of you may know, last summer we int...
- mortgagecrow.com: mortgagecrow.com Thank you for your blog article.T...
CITS Ropes Leadership Jane HK campers Jewish Living video Jeff Lehavot Steering Committee Faculty Mishlachat camper NFTY Twitter learning Sports Alumni Education Friendship Tripping Fundraising Nitzotzot Tikkun Olam C.I.T. Camper Care Barak staff summer 2011 Shabbat Fun Israel reflections Summer 2012 2011 Skill Building Health and Safety Music songleading KK Memories Summer 2013 Programming community