By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- #CGGiveBack 2015 March 30, 2015
- Passover Link Roundup March 30, 2015
- Guess What Year These Photos Were Taken March 25, 2015
- #CGGiveBack 2015 | Camp George: […] member Hayley Sakwa recently shared this...
- Suzie Lyon: Yay Jerry! We are so proud to have our children be...
- One Year As Education Director | Camp George: […] over a year ago, I shared an interview w...
Twitter Sports Health and Safety Jane HK video Friendship summer 2011 reflections Lehavot Fun Mishlachat 2011 Music Israel Education CITS Fundraising Jewish Living camper learning Skill Building Programming Summer 2013 Summer 2012 Camper Care KK baseball Memories C.I.T. staff campers NFTY community Leadership Shabbat Barak Jeff Ropes Tikkun Olam Faculty Steering Committee Alumni songleading Nitzotzot
Follow us on Twitter
- Sam Powers is a 2015 Counselor! He'll see you on Maple Lake in 87 days! #CGStaff2015
- Micaela Lewis is a 2015 Counselor! She'll see you on Maple Lake in 87 days! #CGStaff2015
- Josh Weisbrod is a 2015 Counselor! He'll see you on Maple Lake in 87 days! #CGStaff2015
- @URJCampGeorge @WhiteTalia I now bestow the shed onto you