By Rabbi Noam Katz As a member of the URJ camping system, Camp George has always prided itself on its enduring commitment to tikku nolam. For years, we have engaged campers and counselors in thinking about how to change their world for the better, offering programs that introduced Jewish values, such as hachnasat orchim (welcoming strangers) or bikur cholim (visiting the sick), and allowed participants first-hand experience practicing these values. And yet, those of us who work in the “bubble” of camp know that it is sometimes difficult to move from tikkun machaneh (the mending that takes place within camp) […]
- 2012-2013 Camp George Roadshow October 10, 2012
- Second Session Family Visitor’s Day August 12, 2012
- From Camper to Communications Director January 12, 2012
- Supporting Camp Simcha: My Sam Award Donation October 20, 2014
- Supporting Pediatric Oncology Group of Ontario: My Sam Award Donation October 19, 2014
- #CG2015 October 14, 2014
- Nutra Pump Reviews: It's hard to come by knowledgeable people in this...
- booming cities: I really like what you guys are up too. This sort ...
- Shabbat Shalom From Camp George! | Camp George: […] We are also thrilled to have our second ...
songleading 2011 Ropes Tikkun Olam summer 2011 reflections Nitzotzot Sports Fun Friendship C.I.T. community Barak Faculty Jewish Living Sam Award Twitter Summer 2013 CITS Fundraising Alumni Lehavot Shabbat KK Programming Steering Committee Leadership learning Education Drama camper video Summer 2012 Jane HK Music baseball Israel NFTY Mishlachat Camper Care Skill Building staff campers Jeff
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @hannahiwrey: @URJCampGeorge CG friends for a summer, CG friends for a lifetime!
- @URJCampGeorge Lefty, you create a distraction while I go for the Baron's gold...
- @URJCampGeorge CG friends for a summer, CG friends for a lifetime!
- How would you caption this camp photo? #CaptionThisCGPhoto http://t.co/usnp0PfjVg