By Emily Andes
Last week I was so excited to share with y’all my ‘Sounds of Summer’ playlist. It may have been more 3 weeks since camp ended, but all those tunes are still in constant rotation on my iPod. Naturally after thinking about the many songs that transport me right back to GFC it got me thinking about the activities and scenes and pictures that accompanied those sounds. Though a quick trip though my Facebook photos reminds me of the good times we all had, I know there are some truly fantastic pictures out there waiting to be shared, which is where all of YOU come in.
I’m happy to announce the first ever GFC ‘Scenes of Summer’ Photo Contest. We are searching for the best photos of the summer, pictures that really capture the essence of Greene Family Camp. The contest will highlight not only our favorite camp memories and moments, but show just how many talented photographers call GFC their summer home. This is a great excuse to comb through the many fantastic photos you took this summer, while gaining fame and GFC swag!
There are just a few short rules to keep in mind:
1. All photographs must have been taken by campers themselves! While we were lucky to have parents snapping away on opening and closing days and camp photographers in between, we want to see photos taken by campers. No Bunk1 reposts!
2. One entry per camper.
3. Each entry should include: Camper’s name, session attended, unit, bunk, title for the photo, and a short description of what’s going on and why this photo perfectly summarizes camp life.
4. Photoshopping is allowed! if you learned some creative skills in Digital Photography class this summer, we want to see ‘em! In this case, feel free to submit your original photo and the photoshopped photo so we can see all the hard work you did.
5. Garin Greene campers are encouraged to submit also! You may not have actually been on camp this summer, but we’re still eager to see what y’all were up to.
6. All entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, September 6. If you are interested in submitting an actual photograph and don’t have access to a scanner, email me and we’ll work things out.
The grand prize for our talented photographer will be having their photo posted on the blog, plus some cool GFC gear (hats and waterbottles, anyone?). I know we have lots of talented shutterbugs out there so I expect the competition to be fierce, but am eagerly awaiting your entries.