on April 10, 2013
I was one who hardly knew anyone and couldn’t find my way around camp. At this point in my life, this was one of the biggest chances I had ever taken – and it most certainly paid off! My first summer at GFC allowed me to take a chance and explore new activities and create new friendships and memories.
on September 12, 2012
The 2013 application materials are now available for the GFC Avodah counselor-in-training program. The Avodah program combines leadership training and professional development opportunities as they look ahead to their senior year of high school and further to college. It gives them the unique opportunity to learn while having fun with their friends and taking advantage of everything GFC has to offer. Rachael Pearson, a 2012 Avodah participant, shares her experience in the program last summer.
on June 8, 2012
The Avodah’s arrived today and we as a staff could not be more excited for them to integrate into the community!!
on October 24, 2011
This week we are bringing you a guest blog post that originally appeared on the URJ’s NFTY blog. This blog post was written by former GFC camper and current NFTY North American Programming Vice President, Liza Moskowitz. We are so proud of Liza’s successes and are happy to have been (and continue to be!) such a big part of her life. You can read the blog entry below or head on over to the NFTY blog to see the post in its original form. How the URJ Camps Prepared Me To Be A NFTY Leader By Liza Moskowitz, NFTY PVP […]
on August 1, 2011
By Emily Andes Sometimes I feel like being at summer camp is like being at the circus, there’s always something new to watch, one exciting act after another. And much like the circus, it seems like we’ve saved much of the best stuff for last, gearing up for one big finale before the campers head home. The last few nights have provided some eye popping entertainment and fun. 2 nights ago we gathered together for the All-Camp Talent Show. This year’s theme, Legends of the Hidden Talents (that’s for all you alumni and staff that grew up watching the show […]
on July 31, 2011
A successful summer wouldn’t be possible without the amazing GFC staff. Every summer more than 150 people from diverse backgrounds travel from near and far to spend the summer at Greene. While of course our first priority is caring for campers and ensuring they have a great summer, there are so many benefits to being on staff. Working at Greene isn’t just taking a summer job, it’s making a choice to be part of something bigger. It’s about ensuring that there are future Jewish leaders, it’s about personal growth and lifelong friendships. It’s about acting like a kid while still […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Let’s Rock! G-Town Lock Down 2015 May 22, 2015
- Our Diamond May 7, 2015
- From Texas/Oklahoma to Budapest April 24, 2015
- Magali: wonderful, I always loved camping,...
- Sexy underwear: Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictur...
- Luke: Are you experiencing several twenty dollar bills ...
Follow us on Twitter
- I just registered for the @urjgfc 40th Reunion, July 10-11, 2015. Register now at https://t.co/NNFtMoaMfv and join me!
- Can't wait for another road trip to @urjgfc this summer with @hookemhertz and @jenniferleslie5 https://t.co/rmKIDtkNqF
- Don't forget to sign up for the @URJGFC 40th Reunion! Sign up here: http://t.co/Z3rleFIHuM
- RT @mglazer5: I just registered for the @urjgfc 40th Reunion, July 10-11, 2015. Register now at https://t.co/16P2dzbV5U and join me!