Despite the popular belief that camp counselors just lie around in the sun all day and teach basketball or dance, the job is so much more than that. The experience that I got in the four summers taught me more about myself and the way I work than I would have had filing papers at an internship.
on June 8, 2012
This summer, hundreds of staff members will report for duty at each the URJ’s 13 summer camps. Most will be recent high school graduates, bright-eyed and excited for a first summer on staff. Others will be experienced staff members, likely entering college sophomores or juniors, returning to see old friends.
on June 29, 2011
By Emily Andes Today was one of those days at camp that make you wonder why you ever leave. That are just so fun and full of friendship and laughter that you’re convinced that nowhere else in the world could possibly be as great as GFC. It was sunny and hot (the norm around here), but that didn’t stop campers and staff from enjoying activities. And once the sun went down things got even more exciting, with all the units participating in some all star evening programs. First, our youngest and newest campers got to beat the heat with an […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- How Summers at GFC Prepared Me for College December 19, 2014
- GFC is My Happy Place December 1, 2014
- One Bunk at a Time: Olim Fellowship November 24, 2014
- Sexy underwear: Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictur...
- Luke: Are you experiencing several twenty dollar bills ...
- Warren Andrews: Child, and even baby, meals are available on most ...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
528 days, 18 hours, 29 minutes, 16 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @TheDonnieCC: Hashtag your Lexus RT: @URJGFC REUNION REGISTRATION IS OPEN! TALK ABOUT A PERFECT #HANUKKAH PRESENT! #GFC40 https://t.co/Z…
- @marajvan @shannonrwatts @MomsDemand @URJGFC needs to tell TX leg no 2 open carry. Weak gun laws threaten all of us. I know many kids there!
- @shannonrwatts @moderatemama @MomsDemand yikes this is in the tiny little town that my kids to to camp at @URJGFC can happen anywhere
- Thinking of @URJGFC in Bruceville this morning and it's safety regarding the shooter-at-large.