Despite the popular belief that camp counselors just lie around in the sun all day and teach basketball or dance, the job is so much more than that. The experience that I got in the four summers taught me more about myself and the way I work than I would have had filing papers at an internship.
on June 8, 2012
This summer, hundreds of staff members will report for duty at each the URJ’s 13 summer camps. Most will be recent high school graduates, bright-eyed and excited for a first summer on staff. Others will be experienced staff members, likely entering college sophomores or juniors, returning to see old friends.
on June 29, 2011
By Emily Andes Today was one of those days at camp that make you wonder why you ever leave. That are just so fun and full of friendship and laughter that you’re convinced that nowhere else in the world could possibly be as great as GFC. It was sunny and hot (the norm around here), but that didn’t stop campers and staff from enjoying activities. And once the sun went down things got even more exciting, with all the units participating in some all star evening programs. First, our youngest and newest campers got to beat the heat with an […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Passing The Torch August 2, 2014
- Maccabiah Session II 2014 July 28, 2014
- Week One Shabbat- Session II July 24, 2014
- Warren Andrews: Child, and even baby, meals are available on most ...
- Viviane: Howdy, There’s no doubt that your website may be...
- Beat Kidney Disease review: Hey, I think your site might be having browser com...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
406 days, 5 hours, 3 minutes, 20 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- NFTY-TOR: Happy Hump Day! Celebrate by signing up for Summer Kallah before tomorrow night when registration closes! http://t.co/p4xN1cOA1h
- RT @aggiehillel: Please RT & share this weekend in Aggieland for Jewish high schoolers! http://t.co/9cocX572eg
- forever wishing I had a summer birthday so I could fly around the room
- RT @NFTYTORRCVP: Shabbat shalom y'all! In two weeks, our Shabbat will be spent together at Summer Kallah at @URJGFC. Who's excited?