Despite the popular belief that camp counselors just lie around in the sun all day and teach basketball or dance, the job is so much more than that. The experience that I got in the four summers taught me more about myself and the way I work than I would have had filing papers at an internship.
on June 8, 2012
This summer, hundreds of staff members will report for duty at each the URJ’s 13 summer camps. Most will be recent high school graduates, bright-eyed and excited for a first summer on staff. Others will be experienced staff members, likely entering college sophomores or juniors, returning to see old friends.
on June 29, 2011
By Emily Andes Today was one of those days at camp that make you wonder why you ever leave. That are just so fun and full of friendship and laughter that you’re convinced that nowhere else in the world could possibly be as great as GFC. It was sunny and hot (the norm around here), but that didn’t stop campers and staff from enjoying activities. And once the sun went down things got even more exciting, with all the units participating in some all star evening programs. First, our youngest and newest campers got to beat the heat with an […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- L’Dor V’Dor at GFC July 3, 2015
- Shalom from Amsterdam! July 1, 2015
- A Personal Transformation in Costa Rica June 28, 2015
- Romie: I really wanna se picture...
- Magali: wonderful, I always loved camping,...
- Sexy underwear: Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictur...