By Emily Andes Sometimes I feel like being at summer camp is like being at the circus, there’s always something new to watch, one exciting act after another. And much like the circus, it seems like we’ve saved much of the best stuff for last, gearing up for one big finale before the campers head home. The last few nights have provided some eye popping entertainment and fun. 2 nights ago we gathered together for the All-Camp Talent Show. This year’s theme, Legends of the Hidden Talents (that’s for all you alumni and staff that grew up watching the show [...]
on July 26, 2011
By Brian Hertz (Sustainability Coordinator) April 22nd is the official Earth Day, but here at GFC, Earth Night was last Saturday. After eating outside at our normal Saturday evening cookouts, all of our Niviim, Kohanim and Melachim campers spent their evening traveling through our Environmental Funhouse. At each stop along the way, the campers participated in activities that helped them explore environmental issues. Let’s take the tour! Our first stop is the sunny and windy Energy Room. With our spotlight as a blazing sun and our Big Ass Fan as a giant wind turbine, our campers were immediately introduced into [...]
on June 16, 2011
By far one of the best parts of camp are the evening programs. It’s like being on a cruise ship, a different show every night, but all equally fun and exciting. Before the session starts the staff work really hard to brainstorm and plan original programming that will appeal to their campers. While there are perennial favorites like the talent show and ‘How Well Do You Know Your Counselor?’ some of our most unique programs like Toga Party and Splash Dance have turned into huge hits. Tonight campers enjoyed a wide variety of fun activities. The Bonim/Niviim girls headed out [...]
- “As You Teach, You Learn.” (Midrash Tehilim) June 13, 2012
- A few of our favorite things June 24, 2011
- How Goodly Are Your Bunks, O GFC July 2, 2012
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving May 15, 2013
- The Real Impacts of Camp May 8, 2013
- A Suburban Dilemma with a Camp Solution May 1, 2013
- Elena: Where's the "like" button? A beautiful stor...
- Be a Jewish role model this summer! | RJ Blog: [...] Internship vs. Camp? Camp Wins! The New York...
- If I Am Only For Me… Thoughts on Forming Social Responsibility at Camp | RJ Blog: [...] Family Camp has introduced a superhero named...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Greene Family Camp starts:
in 22 days, 19 hours, 17 minutes, 36 seconds
Follow us on Twitter
11 months ago
11 months ago