By Emily Andes Shabbat at camp is such a special experience. The food, dancing, services, and community are uniquely camp. Often times when I ask campers their favorite memories of Greene, they revolve around Friday night experiences. The mention the taste of the chicken, the sounds of song session, the sunsets during services and the dance moves during Rikuday Am. It’s such a sensory experience that I tried to capture pieces of all of it to share with you. Shabbat Shalom. And of course, a note from our Garin Greene campers (they’re coming home soon!): July 22, 2011 Dear [...]
on July 15, 2011
By Emily Andes Shabbat is a special time at camp for everyone to come together as one kehilah kedosha. And as much as we enjoy spending this time with each other, it definitely brings attention to those who aren’t at Greene for the summer: parents, older/younger siblings, other friends. One group we often think about is Garin Greene . The Garin Greene Campers are GFC campers who are entering the 11th grade and instead of coming to camp for a session, they get to explore Israel for the summer. As much as we miss them, even for just one summer, [...]
on July 3, 2011
While here at camp we are sad to be nearing the end of Session I 2011, in Israel our Garin Greene Campers are just starting their adventure. After touring Europe they finally made it to Israel this week and just celebrated their first shabbat together as one community. While they’re having a great time together, they were thoughtful enough to send some shabbat wishes back to us at their normal summer home. Below we share with you their messages from last week in Europe and this week in Israel. July 24th, 2011 Dear Greene Family Camp, Ahoj (hello!) from Europe! [...]
- How Goodly Are Your Bunks, O GFC July 2, 2012
- Earth Night July 26, 2011
- A few of our favorite things June 24, 2011
- Getting Out of Your Comfort Zone May 22, 2013
- The Gift that Keeps on Giving May 15, 2013
- The Real Impacts of Camp May 8, 2013
- Elena: Where's the "like" button? A beautiful stor...
- Be a Jewish role model this summer! | RJ Blog: [...] Internship vs. Camp? Camp Wins! The New York...
- If I Am Only For Me… Thoughts on Forming Social Responsibility at Camp | RJ Blog: [...] Family Camp has introduced a superhero named...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at Greene Family Camp starts:
in 18 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, 36 seconds