Emily Rosuck and Jenni Daum are long time campers who are on the Garin Greene trip. They have written a letter to GFC talking about their experiences so far as well as what they have learned from this trip. Here at GFC we stand with Israel and are thrilled that we have a wonderful group of campers representing us there.
on June 29, 2014
The best part was this – all the way over in Krakow, Poland, they were singing our camp songs! Some traditional Jewish melodies were used, but more than half the music was written by NFTY and Camp composers. Fantastic.
on June 27, 2014
We will have Shabbat services with the Reform Congregation of Krakow. We are lucky that it just so happens to be the week of the Krakow Jewish Festival. There are less than 1,000 Jews left in Krakow, but our culture is such an integral part of the city, that there is an entire week-long festival devoted to it.
on July 23, 2011
By Emily Andes Shabbat at camp is such a special experience. The food, dancing, services, and community are uniquely camp. Often times when I ask campers their favorite memories of Greene, they revolve around Friday night experiences. The mention the taste of the chicken, the sounds of song session, the sunsets during services and the dance moves during Rikuday Am. It’s such a sensory experience that I tried to capture pieces of all of it to share with you. Shabbat Shalom. And of course, a note from our Garin Greene campers (they’re coming home soon!): July 22, 2011 Dear […]
on July 15, 2011
By Emily Andes Shabbat is a special time at camp for everyone to come together as one kehilah kedosha. And as much as we enjoy spending this time with each other, it definitely brings attention to those who aren’t at Greene for the summer: parents, older/younger siblings, other friends. One group we often think about is Garin Greene . The Garin Greene Campers are GFC campers who are entering the 11th grade and instead of coming to camp for a session, they get to explore Israel for the summer. As much as we miss them, even for just one summer, […]
on July 3, 2011
While here at camp we are sad to be nearing the end of Session I 2011, in Israel our Garin Greene Campers are just starting their adventure. After touring Europe they finally made it to Israel this week and just celebrated their first shabbat together as one community. While they’re having a great time together, they were thoughtful enough to send some shabbat wishes back to us at their normal summer home. Below we share with you their messages from last week in Europe and this week in Israel. July 24th, 2011 Dear Greene Family Camp, Ahoj (hello!) from Europe! […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Passing The Torch August 2, 2014
- Maccabiah Session II 2014 July 28, 2014
- Week One Shabbat- Session II July 24, 2014
- Luke: Are you experiencing several twenty dollar bills ...
- Warren Andrews: Child, and even baby, meals are available on most ...
- Viviane: Howdy, There’s no doubt that your website may be...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
412 days, 5 hours, 52 minutes, 51 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @nfty: Just think: School is back in session, the Emmys are tonight, and the High Holidays are just around the corner. It's an exciting …
- RT @NFTYTOR: For those of you who have today as your first day of school, remember Friday is Summer Kallah! Get excited.
- Happy 1st day of school! Wishing you a year filled with learning and new beginnings! #greene
- if u can't find me, check the tevatron in bruceville #campsick @URJGFC