By Emily Andes Shabbat at camp is such a special experience. The food, dancing, services, and community are uniquely camp. Often times when I ask campers their favorite memories of Greene, they revolve around Friday night experiences. The mention the taste of the chicken, the sounds of song session, the sunsets during services and the dance moves during Rikuday Am. It’s such a sensory experience that I tried to capture pieces of all of it to share with you. Shabbat Shalom. And of course, a note from our Garin Greene campers (they’re coming home soon!): July 22, 2011 Dear […]
on July 15, 2011
By Emily Andes Shabbat is a special time at camp for everyone to come together as one kehilah kedosha. And as much as we enjoy spending this time with each other, it definitely brings attention to those who aren’t at Greene for the summer: parents, older/younger siblings, other friends. One group we often think about is Garin Greene . The Garin Greene Campers are GFC campers who are entering the 11th grade and instead of coming to camp for a session, they get to explore Israel for the summer. As much as we miss them, even for just one summer, […]
on July 3, 2011
While here at camp we are sad to be nearing the end of Session I 2011, in Israel our Garin Greene Campers are just starting their adventure. After touring Europe they finally made it to Israel this week and just celebrated their first shabbat together as one community. While they’re having a great time together, they were thoughtful enough to send some shabbat wishes back to us at their normal summer home. Below we share with you their messages from last week in Europe and this week in Israel. July 24th, 2011 Dear Greene Family Camp, Ahoj (hello!) from Europe! […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Giving Tuesday December 3, 2013
- Happy Hanukkah November 27, 2013
- Bringing Camp Into The Synagogue November 20, 2013
- Lake, Stars, Summer – Camp. | Blog for Intro to RTVF Writing 2010.002 Fall '13: […] This documentary would put explain to an...
- Black Hat SEO Upload Service: Hey do you guys need a premium Cracked SEO Tool Up...
- Wiggers: Rather great posting. I merely found your current ...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
147 days, 7 hours, 53 minutes, 38 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- RT @howdyiamscott: Hey @URJGFC @JoinTeamEthan @URJCamps I just joined the fundraising flash mob and donated, have you? #18forethan #8NE htt…
- Hey @URJGFC @JoinTeamEthan @URJCamps I just joined the fundraising flash mob and donated, have you? #18forethan #8NE https://t.co/krcf8VC49z
- RT @URJCampGeorge: Our Hanukkah Fundraising Flash Mob Begins! Show Ethan he has friends all over the US and Canada! #18forEthan http://t.co…
- Help to ensure the magic of camp continues to impact the lives of Jewish youth in TX/OK http://t.co/46JTgYedsQ #GivingTuesday #8NE @URJCamps