I was one who hardly knew anyone and couldn’t find my way around camp. At this point in my life, this was one of the biggest chances I had ever taken – and it most certainly paid off! My first summer at GFC allowed me to take a chance and explore new activities and create new friendships and memories.
on August 26, 2012
Now that the summer of 2012 is in the history books, we have been looking back on some of the wonderful times we had but also looking ahead to summer 2013 and why we can’t wait for you to come to camp.
on May 31, 2012
By: Evan Traylor, NFTY President-Elect Hi everyone! Can I please ask everyone to stand up for just a second? Alright, I want for everyone to pretend that you all are the youth of the Reform Jewish movement in North America after their b’nai mitzvah. Now, can I please get 80% of you to sit down. The group still standing, only 20%, are the Reform Jewish youth still engaged actively in Jewish life after their b’nai mitzvah. Whether it’s through camp, NFTY, confirmation or teaching Sunday School, this group, only 20%, are still engaged. This right here is the current trend […]
on May 4, 2012
By Sammi Donchin NFTY is a place where teens have been able to come together, hang out, and learn about themselves. NFTY-TOR just had our last event of the year at Greene Family Camp, and for some, it was the most meaningful event of their entire NFTY careers. Spring Kallah’s theme was “Follow the Leaders, or Lead the Followers: NFTY TOR studies leadership.” We did programs on how to lead a group, when to be a follower, and we talked about what the most important qualities are in a leader. Thursday: The seniors got to have the first ever senior […]
on October 24, 2011
This week we are bringing you a guest blog post that originally appeared on the URJ’s NFTY blog. This blog post was written by former GFC camper and current NFTY North American Programming Vice President, Liza Moskowitz. We are so proud of Liza’s successes and are happy to have been (and continue to be!) such a big part of her life. You can read the blog entry below or head on over to the NFTY blog to see the post in its original form. How the URJ Camps Prepared Me To Be A NFTY Leader By Liza Moskowitz, NFTY PVP […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Roswell Klal Yisrael Fellowship and GFC February 23, 2015
- An Experience of a Lifetime: Greene Goes to Costa Rica January 6, 2015
- How Summers at GFC Prepared Me for College December 19, 2014
- Sexy underwear: Hmm is anyone else having problems with the pictur...
- Luke: Are you experiencing several twenty dollar bills ...
- Warren Andrews: Child, and even baby, meals are available on most ...
Countdown to Camp
- Session II starts:
625 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes, 34 seconds ago
Follow us on Twitter
- @URJGFC @URJCampHarlam @URJCamps My girl in leadership training so she will be gr8t counselor at GFC this summer#love http://t.co/MIBOlfqgmp
- Shabbat shalom @urjgfc ! Alon and I are so excited to share all that we've learned with you!… https://t.co/VNS0smAgW4
- RT @nfty: Every year, NFTYites find a new place to call home, whether it's on @NFTYEIE or @NFTYIsrael #GoNFTYSummer #PushWeek http://t.co/Y…
- Never seen anything more true!