Besides the awesome campers and staff at GFC, another important group that contribute to the success of the summer are the visiting faculty members. These faculty members give up their time to come visit us from their congregations in the Texas/Oklahoma region. They are a diverse mix of educators, cantors, and rabbis and we are so happy for them to be part of our camp community. Today, Rabbi David Lyon (Congregation Beth Israel Houston) shares his thoughts about camp. Rabbi Lyon brings an interesting perspective about camp seeing as he is an annual faculty member as well as a parent […]
- Meet the Scouts May 29, 2013
- Spring Time in Israel April 25, 2013
- Embracing Challenges: When the Entire Camp is My “Challenge Course” June 26, 2013
- Chai Awards Readings: The Second Installment August 3, 2015
- For whom are we responsible? Looking back on Costa Rica July 27, 2015
- Bringing Mitzvah Corps to NFTY-TOR July 19, 2015
- Adrian Durlester: For the record, the word "abatiwaha" comes from...
- Natalie Freiburger: "For Whom Are We Responsible" is a topic that wo...
- Romie: I really wanna se picture...
URJ community shabbat Greening Greene Greene Family Camp Loui Dobin campers Faculty camp jewish camp Campaign for Youth Engagement summer2013 URJ Camps contest olim avodah friendship gfc 2014 Alumni bunks Sustainability summer 2013 Kibbutz Staff Dan Nichols video activities Cornerstone GFC photos evening programs Maccabiah impact of camp Loui's Travel GFC Media essay contest Israel Garin Greene Summer 2014 NFTY Friends of Camp GFC Staff passover ted talks
Follow us on Twitter
- @AnnaSheinberg @ENOHammocks @URJGFC ugh I miss it
- the more I stress about school the more I want to take a nap in an @ENOHammocks w/ my favorite people @URJGFC
- thanks for an amazing summer @urjgfc #focusup #lockin #finishstrong #avodah https://t.co/DWTd0bDCf8
- @URJGFC thanks for teaching our Avodahniks to cook Shabbat dinner @MCHammer http://t.co/Fq0BRst78f