By Rabbi Mark Covitz Director, URJ Goldman Union Camp Institute. Each April, Mark goes to Israel with other URJ Directors to meet our Israeli staff members and to prepare them for their upcoming adventures in URJ camps. Early morning, perhaps too early, everybody has risen and is meeting outside at our central location to say “Good Morning.” A couple of goofy, get-your-body-moving songs later, and we are off to breakfast. The day is filled with laughter, learning, and making new friends. Day-by-day the community grows closer; and together we anticipate the joy of our upcoming Shabbat celebration … tefillot, dinner, [...]
on April 25, 2013
Senior Assistant Director Joe Slade is excited to bring his new daughter to camp!
on March 1, 2013
GUCI is very excited to re-introduce Richard Keitel as our Project Director for Summer 2013! Rich is a Professor of Theatre, professional actor, and director who will be working with Anaf this summer to make our musical productions the best they can be!
on January 10, 2013
It’s hard to imagine who I would be if not for camp. Camp has given me access to a community of incredible people, and it’s why I’m proud to be a Jew. It’s helped me grow as an individual, and has taught me to be a stronger, more genuine person. That’s why I came back as a staff member last year, and why I’m planning to come back again. Without a doubt, camp has made a profound impact on who I am, and for that I am incredibly grateful.
on December 14, 2012
During these cold days of winter, here’s a reminder of the warm magic of GUCI, excerpted from a sermon by Stephen J. Werber, father of Rabbi Lauren Werber, a faculty member from Temple B’nai Abraham in Elyria, Ohio. .
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Camp has Begun May 7, 2013
- A Year of Change April 25, 2013
- Making Friends at GUCI & in Israel April 11, 2013
- Evonne Henle: Thanks for giving your ideas. I would also like to...
- Joseph Toubes: My granddaughter said she loved camp. The heat sh...
- Denise Carle: How amazing, I just got back from Israel and can'...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at GUCI starts:
in 22 days, 2 hours, 51 minutes, 58 seconds