2016 Avodah Application We are pleased to present the application for our 2016 Avodah Program. Avodah is URJ Goldman Union Camp’s senior camper work and leadership training program. It is typically considered the pinnacle of the GUCI camper experience, and is an important transitional year between being a camper and a member of our staff. The following contains important information about the program, and how to apply. ABOUT AVODAH: The Avodah Program is designed to teach leadership skills, responsibility, self-confidence and community building. It promotes and encourages connection to Judaism and the exploration of one’s Jewish identity. Participants […]
on September 17, 2015
September 17, 2015 Dear GUCI Friends and Family: I am writing today to share with you that after a brilliant 37-year career, Susan Dill has decided to retire! Susan, otherwise known as “The Golden Voice of GUCI”, has been an essential part of GUCI’s leadership team since 1978. She has been the welcoming voice in the office and on the other end of the phone to thousands of families, lay leaders, Jewish professionals, staff members and alumni. She served as partner and confidant to three Camp Directors, ensuring that camp’s program developed and ran smoothly, its facility and vendor matters […]
on August 19, 2015
By Rabbi Rachel Maimin, Faculty I still remember it as if it were yesterday. It is the end of my first week at Kutz Camp. We have thoroughly cleaned our cabin, Hill 1. We have gotten ourselves ready for Shabbat – 20 girls sharing one bathroom, hair dryers and straightening irons fighting for outlet space. We step out of our cabin, waiting just outside. We hear the sound of music floating down the hill, guitars and the voices of songleaders, of counselors, and of fellow campers fill the air. Closer and closer the beautiful sound draws, until finally it […]
on August 7, 2015
By Rabbi Judy Chessin, Faculty Let’s talk minion. OK? Now the question is are we speaking Minion or Minyan? How do you say Hello in Minion? Bello. In Minyan? Shalom Goodbye: Minion Poopaye… Minyan: Shalom Of course we all know the Shema in Minyan, Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Ehad. In minionese it goes: Bebada Abam ta cep noor nos ta cep hana I guess you could say that although the words Minion and Minyan sound just the same, in many ways they are almost polar opposites: In Despicable Me the term Minion comes from the French word mignon, for […]
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- Songs of Shabbat July 15, 2013
- 2016 Avodah Application Now Live October 13, 2015
- A Note From GUCI September 17, 2015
- Why Camp Matters August 19, 2015
- Karen Goodis: Dear Susan All the best on your retirement. Ha...
- Beth Schwartz: It will indeed be hard to imagine the office witho...
- Marcia Rittmaster: Thank you so much, Susan- for taking wonderful car...
Follow us on Twitter
- Happy #CampTShirtDay! @URJOSRUI @URJGUCI https://t.co/cpt3lxqVpQ
- Proud to represent @URJGUCI on camp t-shirt day! #campful https://t.co/4nJtG1Uap1
- Are you at #URJBiennial? Post a photo of your #TeamEthan pin. @RockdaleTemple @URJGUCI @URJ
- https://t.co/ZD3sDho3xr @HelpHOPELiveorg @danielnichols @URJ @URJGUCI @WCPO