Avodahnikim, or work/study participants at G.U.C.I., participate in four crews for two weeks each during the summer. K’ton, Kitchen, Maintenance, Office, Pool & Mirpaah (infirmary), Migdal, and Canoeing crews are the seven options that Avodahnikim can be assigned to. Each crew has a staff member who directs the group to help them accomplish the work and tasks. K’ton crew has the opportunity to be counselors for G.U.C.I.’s day camp. We plan and run their programming and love spending time with the kids, while getting a sneak peak at being a counselor. Kitchen crew is responsible for the dining hall and [...]
on July 6, 2011
Many of us frequently field questions from our friends at home such as, “Why would you pay to spend your summer cleaning toilets?” The answer is simple: we love G.U.C.I. and we are dedicated to doing whatever it takes to uphold the camp community.
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Camp has Begun May 7, 2013
- A Year of Change April 25, 2013
- Making Friends at GUCI & in Israel April 11, 2013
- Evonne Henle: Thanks for giving your ideas. I would also like to...
- Joseph Toubes: My granddaughter said she loved camp. The heat sh...
- Denise Carle: How amazing, I just got back from Israel and can'...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at GUCI starts:
in 21 days, 0 hours, 2 minutes, 35 seconds