Yesterday was the end of Kallah Aleph 2012. By nine a.m. families flooded camp and the cabin areas were packed with people. It was gratifying for staff to see the campers embrace their families and tell them all about the wonderful summer they just had! And it was a wonderful summer indeed, full of many different activities. Every unit learned about being Partners with God in Shiur, our educational program. They discussed Jewish values and inspired each other with their individual opinions. They also had two bunk nights that helped them build relationships with their cabin mates and counselors. Additionally [...]
on August 7, 2011
But Friday it was a great treat to sit by my window and listen to the 400 voices of our community sing Shabbat blessings and join together in a classic G.U.C.I. Shabbat Song Session. I am truly privileged to be a part of this community.
on August 6, 2011
These weeks have been incredible and powerful—and it really shows on this final night. Seeing tears and hearing laughter and choruses of songs among camper hugs is a testament to the success of the summer. See you next year Kallah Bet!
on August 5, 2010
The 4th Shabbat is always mega at camp. Saturday afternoon is spent packing. All staff returns to the cabins with their campers to help them pack. Campers check out lost and found to see if any of their things are there. Later in the afternoon we have basketball tournaments, swimming, and softball games. Song session Saturday evening is “Top 10 G.U.C.I. songs of the session.”
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Camp has Begun May 7, 2013
- A Year of Change April 25, 2013
- Making Friends at GUCI & in Israel April 11, 2013
- Evonne Henle: Thanks for giving your ideas. I would also like to...
- Joseph Toubes: My granddaughter said she loved camp. The heat sh...
- Denise Carle: How amazing, I just got back from Israel and can'...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at GUCI starts:
in 23 days, 10 hours, 57 minutes, 15 seconds