Most of us know that songleaders make camp go round. We thought we would introduce to you our Head Songleader for the summer, Kyle Bernstein, and tell you a little bit about the songleading program. Kyle will tell you about how music is important at camp and why he is head songleader here- Music has always been an important part of the Goldman Union Camp community. This was apparent to me when I first came through the front gate thirteen summers ago. I now have the opportunity to allow this magical aspect of camp to grow and foster as the [...]
on July 15, 2011
There is a wonderful feeling of unity as the entire camp fills this outdoor sanctuary and joins together to celebrate the beginning of Shabbat with music and prayer.
on June 24, 2011
Each voice in our community finds a way to contribute and the final sound is truly unimaginable, and perhaps only as describable as what I have already attempted. Regardless, our camp comes together day after day, Shabbat after Shabbat, and year after year to put forth the same intensity of energy and beauty of singing. I absolutely love it.
on June 20, 2011
I am one lucky dude. This is my twenty-seventh summer at G.U.C.I. Now, instead of seeing the faces of my best friends at camp, I am now seeing the faces of my best friend’s children at camp. It’s a very good circle. It’s a holy refrain. And I get to sing it over and over with G.U.C.I. this summer. Oh my goodness. You know how memory can fool you into thinking how much better it was “back in the day?” I fall victim to that trap all the time. However at G.U.C.I., it happens much less. In fact, it may [...]
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Camp has Begun May 7, 2013
- A Year of Change April 25, 2013
- Making Friends at GUCI & in Israel April 11, 2013
- Evonne Henle: Thanks for giving your ideas. I would also like to...
- Joseph Toubes: My granddaughter said she loved camp. The heat sh...
- Denise Carle: How amazing, I just got back from Israel and can'...
Countdown to Camp
- Summer 2013 at GUCI starts:
in 22 days, 19 hours, 16 minutes, 30 seconds