Yesterday was the end of Kallah Aleph 2012. By nine a.m. families flooded camp and the cabin areas were packed with people. It was gratifying for staff to see the campers embrace their families and tell them all about the wonderful summer they just had! And it was a wonderful summer indeed, full of many different activities. Every unit learned about being Partners with God in Shiur, our educational program. They discussed Jewish values and inspired each other with their individual opinions. They also had two bunk nights that helped them build relationships with their cabin mates and counselors. Additionally [...]
on June 25, 2012
Today Shoresh travelled all over camp to learn about Tikkun, which means to repair. They learned about how it is important to repair their community and themselves! Shoresh started at the sports field and were asked to make a choice when given a scenario, like a choose your own adventure shiur. They were first asked to choose between going to help at a homeless shelter or staying home to rest, when they had the flu. They were also given situations about family and friends. Once they had picked they were asked to move to a different location to talk [...]
on June 13, 2012
Since today is the first official day of camp we all came together, as a whole camp, in our educational program Shiur. Ari Ballaban is our Judaic Studies Director this summer and a current student at Hebrew Union College. He planned and led our inspiring program that showed us our Shuir theme, Partners with God. In order to help campers understand the theme for the summer, they were involved in many Tikkun Olam projects around camp. Campers were sent to areas like the Old Pool, Camp K’ton Cottage and Sports Field to plant trees and paint. They worked together within [...]
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Last But Not Least…Our Anaf Unit Head David Reinhart June 17, 2013
- Presenting Geza Unit Head Rachael Pass June 16, 2013
- Do You Need to Get in Touch With Camp? June 16, 2013
- Cara A.: Always wonderful to see Ms. Rachel! Great blog! W...
- Daren Blunden: Wow!!! Enjoy the depth and reception pictures!! Oh...
- Ferne Singo: for those of us just getting started out, is there...
Countdown to Camp
- Kallah Bet at GUCI starts:
in 20 days, 0 hours, 41 minutes, 55 seconds
Follow us on Twitter
- No better way to end a great Yom Sport. All camp together. Kehilla Kedosha. @URJGUCI Tefillot @ GUCI http://t.co/7Ph4lyeulw
- @URJGUCI is Yom Sport only once per session? Will Garin Bet also participate in Yom Sport? What fun, all camp activity do they get to do?
- RT @ZwigZag: My favorite part of Yom Sport at @URJGUCI is when everyone comes together to do the GUCI rumble and returns to one big camp co…
- @URJGUCI you forgot about Team Camp K'ton in Fifth Place!!!