Yesterday was the greatly anticipated Shoresh Day Off! This is a day that only Shoresh campers get to have away from their normal schedule. It is full of fun activities and a trip off camp to an exciting location. Shoresh Day Off this year was a little different than in the past because it was Reverse Yom. Everything Shoresh did yesterday was backwards. The day started off with the counselors in each cabin waking their campers up with the Shema, which is usually a bedtime ritual here. Then they headed up to the Mercaz Chevrah for dinner and a songsession. [...]
on June 25, 2012
Today Shoresh travelled all over camp to learn about Tikkun, which means to repair. They learned about how it is important to repair their community and themselves! Shoresh started at the sports field and were asked to make a choice when given a scenario, like a choose your own adventure shiur. They were first asked to choose between going to help at a homeless shelter or staying home to rest, when they had the flu. They were also given situations about family and friends. Once they had picked they were asked to move to a different location to talk [...]
- Yom Sport Kallah Bet 2011! July 21, 2011
- Opening Day Kallah Aleph June 12, 2012
- It’s Kallah Bet Opening Day! July 10, 2012
- Last But Not Least…Our Anaf Unit Head David Reinhart June 17, 2013
- Presenting Geza Unit Head Rachael Pass June 16, 2013
- Do You Need to Get in Touch With Camp? June 16, 2013
- Learn more: This is my first time visit at here and i am in fa...
- Cara A.: Always wonderful to see Ms. Rachel! Great blog! W...
- Daren Blunden: Wow!!! Enjoy the depth and reception pictures!! Oh...
Countdown to Camp
- Kallah Bet at GUCI starts:
in 19 days, 20 hours, 54 minutes, 19 seconds
Follow us on Twitter
- No better way to end a great Yom Sport. All camp together. Kehilla Kedosha. @URJGUCI Tefillot @ GUCI http://t.co/7Ph4lyeulw
- @URJGUCI is Yom Sport only once per session? Will Garin Bet also participate in Yom Sport? What fun, all camp activity do they get to do?
- RT @ZwigZag: My favorite part of Yom Sport at @URJGUCI is when everyone comes together to do the GUCI rumble and returns to one big camp co…
- @URJGUCI you forgot about Team Camp K'ton in Fifth Place!!!