Dear Families & Friends:
We are excited to announce that on FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th at 12:12 AM (that’s right, 12 minutes after Midnight!), Camp Harlam will open enrollment for the 2012 camp season…using our NEW ONLINE REGISTRATION SYSTEM! We have worked long and hard on preparing for this special launch, and are looking forward to being able to allow our families to:
- Begin the registration process anytime and anywhere (with access to the Internet) without the need for a paper application. Even the signatures and authorizations will be submitted online!
- Make registration deposits and payments using your credit card, at your convenience, for the first time.
- Communicate electronically with camp’s office throughout the enrollment process to be assured that your children can be placed in their preferred session (and when that is not possible, you will receive timely updates on their status on our Waiting Lists).
- Have access to your secured online account so that you can always view information, make payments, submit forms, and take advantage of other future “bells and whistles”.
You will be able to click-through to the Registration Site on Friday at 12:12 AM by visiting our website (click here to go directly to the landing page for enrollment or paste http://harlam.urjcamps.org/register/ in your browser).
As a special gift to our “early adopters” of this new system, we will be awarding all campers that enroll during the first week of open registration (anyone who begins the enrollment process before Friday September 23rd at 12:12 AM) with a brand-new Camp Harlam t-shirt (to be shipped in the coming weeks).
Our Professional Staff are already focused on many improvements and new initiatives for the summer of 2012, and we can’t wait to share lots of exciting information with you throughout this off-season. After an excellent summer in 2011, we are committed to raising the bar even higher for our campers and staff that will join us in Kunkletown this summer. Here are some things to know as we turn our attention to next season:
- We have received such great feedback from many families, and have already begun a full review of all programs, policies and operations at Camp Harlam to be certain that we’re responding to our families’ needs and meeting the high expectations that we’ve set for the future. If your children were at camp last summer and you have not already completed our special post-summer survey, please help us by doing so in the next 24 hours (click here to go directly to the survey or paste http://survey.summation-research.com/survey/summation/sum11024/start?list=HARLAM in your browser).
- As you will see in our enrollment information, we are now offering a Sibling Discount for all families that send more than one child to camp in 2012. Details are available online.
- Efforts are already underway to make significant facility and program upgrades at camp prior to the summer, including the renovation of selected residential cabins (stay tuned for more details!), a new water and septic system for all of Girls Camp, enhancements and additions to our slate of activities and special programs, and much more.
- Our Camp Council (lay leadership) has reaffirmed its commitment to providing financial assistance to as many families in need as possible, and we continue to offer support through the “One Happy Camper” (first-time camper) incentive programs and partnership with URJ congregations throughout the region. Information about scholarship will be available online (click here to access these resources, paste http://harlam.urjcamps.org/register/ in your browser, or contact our camp office at 215-563-8184 after October 1st).
- Information, applications and enrollment for Camp Harlam Machon (Counselor in Training) program will be made available in the coming weeks. Because the program is selective and requires a more comprehensive application process, these details will be finalized and communicated once they are set.
We can’t wait to see hundreds of returning camper names popping-up in the new online system very soon, and are also excited to welcome many campers into the Camp Harlam family at the same time. We do expect that enrollment will be swift for all programs and sessions, so we encourage families planning to join us in 2012 to register as soon as possible.
As always, if you have any questions at all, please contact our camp office to speak with one of our dedicated professionals at 215-563-8184.
We hope that you’ll “See Yourself Here in 2012”, and remember to “Think Camp”!