[This week’s “Shabbat Shalom from Aaron” was originally a wrap-up of our final week, looking at what “The End” really meant to the season. But last night – during one of the seminal programming moments of the session – natural forces brought about a more powerful thing to reflect on. Enjoy…] Dear Families: I am the new Director and – based on what 1,100 campers have been saying to me throughout the summer – I am the person that “canceled Maccabiah” at Camp Harlam. Maccabiah, our traditional Color War program that has been a major favorite for decades, divides the campers and [...]
Second Session Maccabiah was one of the most exciting Color War competitions that we have seen in a very long time. The theme of this sessions Color War was Famous US Cities. There was Red Los Angeles, Green Chicago, Blue New York City and Gold New Orleans. There were three days of heated battle to determine which regional metropolis was to be crowned the victors. The weather was gorgeous for the entirety of the three days, through the Tug of War competition, the Rikudiah and all of the third day of games. But that left one event – the final [...]
on July 28, 2011
2011 1st Session Rikudiah. Check out the amazing dances that all 4 of our color war teams created and performed during 1st Session Maccabiah! 2011 1st Session Zimriah. The final Color War program before the winner is announced. The song competition is full of songs created and performed by our camp community.
- Shabbat Shalom from Aaron Selkow – 8/20/2011 August 19, 2011
- I Fell in Love with Judaism at Camp July 12, 2012
- Shabbat Shalom from Aaron Selkow – 8/6/2011 August 6, 2011
- Harlam Day Camp: The First Reform Day Camp Planned for Philly May 23, 2013
- JCC Support Offers Emotional Shelter from the Storm May 23, 2013
- Coming Together for Tikkun O…Camp May 10, 2013
- Rabbi Amber Powers: I am pleased to learn of these plans. I hope Harl...
- Isabella: Ahaa, its good discussion regarding this post here...
- cast ncis: Awesome blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring w...