The summer of 2012 marks an important moment in time for Camp Harlam. This is not a new camp; we have generations of history here in Kunkletown. But we see this summer as a critical period for us to take stock of all of our success in the past and show the true strength of this place; the power and potential of this Reform Jewish Movement; the capacity of its leadership; and the tremendous Kehillah Kedoshah (sacred community) that was built here and will survive for all time.
on June 29, 2012
on June 27, 2012
The first day of camp is like nothing else. As this was my 31st time doing this (as a campers, summer staff member or professional), you might think it would get old and tiresome. But, in fact, it’s still just as exhilarating. Maybe even more today than in many years, I woke up this morning poised for the beginning of a great new season.
on June 30, 2011
By Aaron Selkow Dear Camp Harlam Families: A minivan pulled up to our front gate this morning. Melissa was inside, smiling from ear to ear, eagerly awaiting the start to her summer at Camp Harlam. It was more than two hours before the gates were scheduled to open and the only person in camp that might have been as excited as Melissa was…me! The campers have been dropped off for our First Session, the parents and family members have retreated to the “real world”, and we’re finally beginning our journey towards an extraordinary summer of Reform Jewish camping at Harlam [...]
- Shabbat Shalom from Aaron Selkow – 8/20/2011 August 19, 2011
- I Fell in Love with Judaism at Camp July 12, 2012
- Shabbat Shalom from Aaron Selkow – 8/6/2011 August 6, 2011
- Harlam Day Camp: The First Reform Day Camp Planned for Philly May 23, 2013
- JCC Support Offers Emotional Shelter from the Storm May 23, 2013
- Coming Together for Tikkun O…Camp May 10, 2013
- Rabbi Amber Powers: I am pleased to learn of these plans. I hope Harl...
- Isabella: Ahaa, its good discussion regarding this post here...
- cast ncis: Awesome blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring w...