Israel is our homeland… This past weekend, 49 Camp Harlam campers joined us for the first time in over 20 years, at camp, for an orientation program leading up to their six-week journey to Eastern Europe and Israel. The goals of this weekend were three fold… To provide all participants with an orientation that will prepare them for their experience abroad. To establish the NFTY in Israel trip as a continuation of the Camp Harlam experience. To train our future leaders to think of this trip as a learning experience that they will be able to bring back with them. [...]
on May 21, 2012
Michael Davis: Carmel Unit Head for Summer of 2012 I was incredibly excited to attend the leadership retreat at Camp Harlam last week; I was honored to officially be the Carmel Unit Head this summer – I’d previously been a member of the Jewish Life Department – as well as have the opportunity to share the many great ideas that have been percolating in my head since I left camp last summer. I heard from veteran “Harlamites” about how I would be thinking, reminiscing and otherwise longing for the time when I could return to camp. Man, were they right! So [...]
on July 9, 2011
Okay, now I get it. Now it’s all becoming crystal clear. This place is incredible. It’s not just like everywhere else. In fact, it’s not “just” anything.
on July 8, 2011
When I arrived at camp two Sundays ago I was excited for a summer with my friends. However, it was only after my first week working with campers that I realized how truly fulfilling my Machon summer would be. Not only are we given the opportunity to influence individual campers, but we also have the chance to influence the camp community as a whole. The Machonnikim arrived three days before the campers and went through a three-day intensive training. Our staff gave us tips and tools on how to be the best staff member that we could be. The first [...]
on July 2, 2011
Dear Families: When you drove up to camp on Wednesday with your children for the start of our 2011 camp season, you started a chain reaction. Your decision to send a child to Camp Harlam in 2011 was the first step, and this was followed by their arrival here and introduction to new and old friends and counselors. Then, after you left, we saw groups forming all over camp – Units and Villages, cabins and peers – followed by the start to the First Session at Camp Harlam. Then the camp routine began, campers running and laughing and swimming and [...]
- Girls Cabin Renovations Begin! December 4, 2012
- Shabbat Shalom from Aaron Selkow – 8/20/2011 August 19, 2011
- I Fell in Love with Judaism at Camp July 12, 2012
- Green Eggs and Ham: Pushing Your Comfort Zone June 18, 2013
- Playing the Gold Standards June 15, 2013
- Living the Jewish Value of Being “Guardians of the Earth” at Camp Harlam June 13, 2013
- Jurong East by MCL Land: Joe and Kristine are fine examples with the Greate...
- day car insurance for young drivers: Right away I am going to do my breakfast, after ha...
- best vpn provider: Hello, all is going nicely here and ofcourse every...
Follow us on Twitter
- No matter how old I get I can never sleep the night before going up to camp @URJCampHarlam can't wait!!!
- Summer isn't the same without camp @URJCampHarlam
- Counting down the days till I'm home again<3 @URJCampHarlam
- @URJCampHarlam Carmel is working hard to plan a great summer for our youngest campers! #harlam13