Check out this awesome video by Jacob Rodier from group 9!
on June 12, 2014
by Meaghan Winter NFTY in Israel Participant 2011 Taglit-Birthright Israel Participant 2014 I recently returned from my third visit to Israel and until this trip, I hadn’t fully understood many things about myself, Israel, and what each of the trips taught me. My first visit was in 2007 to stay with family I barely knew. They didn’t speak much English, but my cousin Tali took me around mostly and my cousin Dana who is my age couldn’t speak English well yet. That trip I had my first exposure to Israel and realized that kids are the same around the world, […]
on April 22, 2014
About a week ago, EIE had the honor of joining the esteemed Women of the Wall for a service and prayer reading at the Kotel. Whether or not you are a spiritual person, the Kotel is inexplicably powerful place, surrounded by those who who are weeping, davening, praying, reviving history, and gathered we stood amidst an even more powerful coalition.
on April 10, 2014
Rabbi Emil Fackenheim once wrote: “Jews are forbidden to hand Hitler posthumous victories, they are commanded to survive as Jews, lest the Jewish People perish.” After returning from Poland and learning about the Holocaust, I agree with Fackenheim’s quote now more than ever.
on April 8, 2014
I expected, simply, that EIE would be an 18 week long MAR event. In some regards, I was right—the community was welcoming and cohesive, the services were interesting, and the friendships that I made were long lasting and meaningful. There were also aspects of EIE that were unique to the program and were wonderful.
on April 3, 2014
We got on the buses by 7:30 and headed to Auschwitz Birkaneau. When we arrived the first thing I noticed was how the train tracks went right through the gate and divided the camp in half going all the way to the very end. The place is huge. WAY bigger than Maidanek.
on April 1, 2014
This morning we woke up at 1:15 to head to Ben Gurion airport in Tel Aviv. Today we begin our next adventure on EIE. We are all flying to Poland to learn more about the Holocaust and understand more about Jewish history. I have so many different emotions.
- A Typical Day of EIE February 5, 2013
- Shabbat as Pilgrims in Israel August 21, 2012
- The Tug of Judaism: A Birthright Bar Mitzvah August 28, 2012
- Group 9 GoPro Through Israel November 18, 2014
- Israel Through Different Lenses June 12, 2014
- Hiking, Biking and Climbing: Yam l’Yam May 1, 2014
- Klik Disini: I also planning to go to sabbat. can i go with you...
- Sara: Excellent post. I was checking continuously this b...
- IrvingWillson: Having read this I thought it was rather enlighten...
- Shabbat Shalom!
- RT @ARZAUS: Time's running out to vote w/ #ReformJews4Israel. Tell your friends! http://t.co/seQieogobc http://t.co/B4h1S37dpP
- @NFTYEIE @laurenncohenn yes!!
- RT @URJ: Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to vote @ARZAUS in the WZC elections. U.S. Jews 18+ are eligible: http://t.co/0tRGWkyMnn http://t.co/UOHx…