My Jewish History class has been studying alarmingly close to present day! We have zeroed in on Christianity and the birth of Islam. On our first day of studying Christianity, we took a field trip to the church of John the Baptist where St. John the Baptist is believed to have been born.
on March 11, 2014
Day one was orientation day. We didn’t do much except for get a tour of the base and stand in akchev (standing with our hands behind our backs in a diamond shape) It was very strict but it was really interesting because we learned what they expected of us and what they expect of everyone in the army.
on March 4, 2014
This morning we woke up bright and early, at 2:30 a.m. to load the buses and travel down south to Masada. After a two-hour bus ride we arrived. It was dark, cold, and intimidating. We got there early in order to climb the mountain and be at the top by sunrise.
on February 20, 2014
Today we visited the Israel Museum and saw an incredible model of Jerusalem during the peak of the Second Temple period as well as “The Shrine of the Book,” which houses pieces of the Dead Sea Scrolls. These two things were really helpful and enhancing for understanding the period of Roman rule and the four sects into which Judaism split.
on February 18, 2014
As part of their Jewish History class, our students have been asked to respond to a variety of current events. One such top was the recent decision at a Modern Orthodox High School in New York to allow female students to wrap tefillin at school. Here are three EIE students’ responses.
- A Typical Day of EIE February 5, 2013
- Shabbat as Pilgrims in Israel August 21, 2012
- The Tug of Judaism: A Birthright Bar Mitzvah August 28, 2012
- Israel Through Different Lenses June 12, 2014
- Hiking, Biking and Climbing: Yam l’Yam May 1, 2014
- A Source of Motivation April 22, 2014
- seo companies: Thanks for sharing your thoughts on online search ...
- electric grill uk: This design is incredible! You definitely know how...
- hack sub facebook ao: Stay tuned for our next post where we'll share so...
- @NFTYIsrael @NFTYEIE AMIT IS IN THIS PICTURE IM GONNA CRY TALE ME BACK
- Registration is now open!! This summer go travel to #Israel with @NFTYIsrael or @NFTYEIE! http://t.co/elzhURmHW2 http://t.co/Uatg2NbOIk
- @NFTYEIE @Womenofthewall @howieattack you kids did it Howie!
- @NFTYEIE @Womenofthewall so excited to have my son Howie as a member of this NFTY-EIE 2014 Fall class.