Aaron Spiro, one of our song leaders, reflects on the best shira ever and his time at the best camp ever, Camp Kalsman.
on August 17, 2014
Thanks to the Samis Foundation, our Bet and Gimmel campers did their part to repair our corner of the world.
on August 15, 2014
I am the luckiest guy in the world! I got to celebrate my 65th birthday today at URJ Camp Kalsman…with my beloved wife Dori, one of my daughters, Rabbi Rachel Joseph of Congregation Beth Israel Portland, OR, my three year old grandson Max, and several hundred super, terrific campers, counselors, camp administrators and rabbinic faculty. What could be better? My August 15th birthday frequently fell during times I was at camp. As a pre-teen and early teenager I spent many birthdays camping with my boy scout troop. Later as a camper and a NFYT-ite at URJ Camp Harlem it was […]
on August 13, 2014
Our 2014 Machon (CIT) unit head, Kadi, and Teva Supervisor, Emily, departed camp early this year due to employment and law school. They sent camp a thank you note shortly after their departure and we wanted to share it with the entire Camp Kalsman community.
on August 12, 2014
Educator Ben Sandler ran many excellent programs in his time as Camp Kalsman faculty this year. In one, he taught our campers an important lesson; in another, he engaged our campers in deep and meaningful discussion on the current conflict in the Middle East.
- Paul Reichenbach’s Remarks at the 5th Anniversary Celebration July 10, 2011
- A Little Bit of Camp Perspective August 2, 2012
- An Invitation to Belong: Opening Day at Kallah Bet July 10, 2013
- Not Your Ordinary Summer Camp August 19, 2014
- We Repaired the World August 17, 2014
- Challenge By Choice August 17, 2014
- 北海道自由行: I think the admin of this website is really workin...
- Beverly Engel: Just last night we were watching 1991-1992 Shabbat...
- Sally Klein-Katz: Camp is magical, we know from 4 years on staff at ...
Follow us on Twitter
- My camper just told me she makes squash everyday because of camp #ilovemyjob @URJCampKalsman
- Thank you for another wonderful summer @URJCampKalsman http://t.co/YzwmHgSjmA
- @URJCamps @URJCampKalsman Favorite part used to be being with friends. Now it's the 3 1/2 weeks of quiet we get at home. // @URJCampHarlam
- Today, our last camp closed for the season, @URJCampKalsman! We can't wait till summer comes again. What was your favorite part of camp?!