Welcome to the Pacific Northwest, where the winter is wet and the summers are perfect – at least, that’s how it usually works. Today, the skies decided not to cooperate with that plan. So what does camp look like in the rain? In the mornings, we usually have our daily chug (activities). Most of them are outside, so we improvised and did sports in the pavilion, chavaya (adventure) on the garden porch, and art activities (which are inherently indoor) continued as normal. The Tzofim campers did two very interesting activities during their sports block – synchronized hardwood swimming and funky […]
on July 22, 2014
Our culture of mentorship goes well beyond the teacher-student relationship. Read on for Rabbi Jason’s notes on mentorship at Camp Kalsman.
- Paul Reichenbach’s Remarks at the 5th Anniversary Celebration July 10, 2011
- A Little Bit of Camp Perspective August 2, 2012
- An Invitation to Belong: Opening Day at Kallah Bet July 10, 2013
- Rain, Rain, We’re Okay July 24, 2014
- Growing Together through Mentorship July 22, 2014
- Coogarim Cookout Cef (fun)! July 22, 2014
- rbaer: Thanks for the feedback! Much of our staff trainin...
- Growing Together through Mentorship | Camp Kalsman – RJ Blog | Career College Mentors: […] Growing Together through Mentorship | Ca...
- Kalsman Parent: I'm so glad you are doing this with the kids. ...
jewish camp opening ceremony cultural leadership talent show Sports israel prayer Machon Mishlachat clipboard Tfilah Jewish education social action 5th anniversary fun chuggim video 2011 Tikkun Olam Kallah Aleph camp biennial fourth of july Music Jewishcamp garden Kehillah Kedoshah shabbat Camp Kalsman Connection to Israel CIT jewish values cooking community farm cornerstone maccabiah two tons together Nfty fjc teva kalsman impact of camp
Follow us on Twitter
- .@URJCamps A rainy day here in the #PNW, and spirits couldn't be higher. Coming up soon: all-camp sing down, with hot chocolate for all!
- Boker tov to our west coast camps, @URJCampNewman and @URJCampKalsman! What are we up to this morning at camp?
- Rabbi Jason noted some pretty stellar things about Camp Kalsman's culture of mentorship. Read on: http://t.co/2NSSky5y1i #Kalsman14
- The Aleph Kesher project was mounted on the wall today! What great interpretations of our six core values. http://t.co/WSxTFFApEX