Kutz Camp 2015 participant, Lindsay Morgenstein, wrote a beautiful blog reflecting on her experience at Kutz and how it relates to her current experience as an involved member of NFTY-MAR. She had an incredible experience at Kutz- Read about it here!
on October 9, 2015
on September 18, 2015
We are so proud of Kutz participant, Tess Nienaltow, who wrote a beautiful article for “Fresh Ink For Teens” about her summer experience at Kutz, and one great lesson she learned: “Da lifnei mi attah omed. Know before whom you stand.” Follow the link below to read her article! http://www.freshinkforteens.com/articles/know-whom-you-stand
on August 29, 2015
Friend and faculty member of URJ Kutz Camp, Marisa Kaiser, wrote an incredible article about the Madrikhim training minor which she taught on behalf of the Association of Reform Jewish Educators (ARJE) at Kutz this summer. Use the following link to read her article!- http://reformeducators.org/arjekutz-madrikhim-minor/
on August 27, 2015
URJ Kutz Camp Director, Melissa Frey, wrote an amazing piece for RJ Blog containing reflections and resources for teens as we get ready for the Jewish High Holidays. Check out it here- http://blogs.rj.org/blog/2015/08/10/returning-to-one-another-five-holiday-resources-for-teens/
on July 17, 2015
Written by Lauren Stock, a Kutz participant from Dallas, Texas. — As my cabin mates like to remind me, I’m not much of a morning person. That being said, waking up at 7:30AM for an early breakfast was not my idea of a great morning. Little did I know that I woke up early in order to be able to spend as much time as possible enjoying what would become one of the best days of my life. With 18 of my 20 cabin mates asleep, my friend Rachel and I snuck out of the cabin and met our session-long […]
on July 16, 2015
The teen activists of the URJ Kutz Camp, who participated in Alison Stamm’s Political Advocacy minor last week, created these slideshows as a way to lobby NY State Legislators on the issue of transgender rights. They urged NY State Assemblyman Brabenec & NY State Senator Bonacic to support the Gender Expression Non-Discrimination Act (A.4558-A/Gottfried)(S.61-A/Squadron). The bill to outlaw discrimination based on gender identity or expression in housing, employment, credit and public accommodations would also expand the state’s hate crimes law to explicitly include crimes against transgender New Yorkers. 74% of transgender New Yorkers experienced harassment or mistreatment on the job and […]
on July 15, 2015
Written by Miriam Edelstein, one of the Kutz Mitzvah Corps On-Site Coordinators. — Tuesday was one of the most memorable and impactful days that I have ever had in my four years working at the URJ Kutz Camp. On Tuesday, the Mitzvah Corps Program and Peer Engagement Program went on a trip to New Haven, Connecticut to meet campers and staff from the Tikvah program from Ramah New England. Ramah is the conservative camping movement and Tikvah refers to their special needs, inclusion programs. The idea of bringing two special needs programs together from two different movements was created a […]
on July 14, 2015
Written by Shelby Shoup, a Kutz participant from Tampa, Florida. — Participants here at Kutz recently concluded the exciting whirlwind we call Maccabiah. For 24 hours, members of our Kehillah Kedoshah swore allegiance to four smaller communities: the red, yellow, green, and blue teams. In the spirit of the theme, “The Voice,” we competed through arts, sports, and an exorbitant amount of ruach to find the “voice” of Kutz. So each team was assigned a Jewish value to demonstrate throughout the day’s festivities. Blue team had the value of “Derech Eretz,” meaning “the way of the land.” It entails the […]
- The Best Day of My Life July 17, 2015
- Fireflies Over Kutz July 11, 2012
- Marcus Kreitzer and Jamie Rices’ Yellow Team Maccabiah Video Blog July 13, 2011
- Kutz Alum Reflects- “MAR Summer Experience Series: Kutz Camp” October 9, 2015
- “Know Before Whom You Stand” – Tess Nienaltow September 18, 2015
- ARJE/Kutz Madrikhim Minor August 29, 2015
- Rob Robertson: Hi Jeff ,I was a soccer coach at crane lake camp i...
- Kutz@50: It’s the Actions We Take… | NFTY Alumni |: […] Kutz 2015 participant Shir Attias from S...
- Ilene Greene: You are wonderful and I am very proud to know you ...
Follow us on Twitter
- My research presentation for class today is on the @URJKutzCamp, hope I make you proud. #nftyincollege #nfty4ever
- And I'm especialy grateful for @nfty and @URJKutzCamp and for dance and school for bring them into my life.Don't know where I'd be otherwise
- Feeling a little extra thankful today to have experienced and be a part of @nfty and @URJKutzCamp
- No matter where in the world they are, I sure have a lot of people and places to be thankful for. @NFTY @URJKutzCamp https://t.co/7C8C7nhLH9