Originally Posted on Women of Reform Judaism Blog by Roseanne M. Selfon “Bo…Bo…boker tov…Bo…Bo…boker tov to Sarah! Bo…Bo…boker tov…Bo..Bo…boker tov to Dave!” And the cheer circulated around the room from one kid to another for five minutes. What did it accomplish? The fun-filled cheer gathered community into one whole. It gained momentum and volume as it progressed. It built connections and smiles. It caught attention. It worked! My Thursday morning initiation into Kutz Camp life began with this cheer and moved smoothly into morning services. The kids were ready for worship. Today’s Kutz theme was leadership: Who is your Jewish role […]
on July 16, 2014
If you were part of the Kutz magic over the first 49 years, you understand all too well how one summer (or more) could have a truly transformational effect on a teenager. And how all of those teenagers could have such a profound impact on our movement. I expect the attendees to Kutz @ 50—July 4, 2015—will bring many stories back with them.
on July 9, 2014
As the URJ Kutz Camp enters its 50th year, campers emerge as members of a vast network of Kutz alumni. For a select few of those campers, the alumni network includes their parents, also products of NFTY’s campus for Reform Jewish teens.
on July 5, 2014
As we prepare for our second Shabbat of the summer, I am struck by the spectrum of experiences we shared this week as a community. It’s been a week of extremes, and I am inspired by the teens and staff who continue to grow in this place. As we prepare for this Shabbat, may each of us feel blessed for our families, both near and far. We are each so blessed that our paths have crossed. From our summer home at 46 Bowen Road to yours, we’re wishing you Shabbat shalom!
on July 2, 2014
A year ago Sunday, we were attending the URJ Goldman Union Camp Institute (GUCI) in Zionsville, IN, when three members of our camp community were unexpectedly struck by lightning on a clear blue day. One of our fellow campers, Ethan Kadish, was, like many of us, simply enjoying the day on the sports field when the lighting strike occurred. One year later, he is still on the road to recovery back home in Ohio. The community came together that day as we prayed as one for Ethan’s recovery. That same sense of wholeness that united us in spirit and love […]
- Fireflies Over Kutz July 11, 2012
- Marcus Kreitzer and Jamie Rices’ Yellow Team Maccabiah Video Blog July 13, 2011
- Happy Chanukah! December 27, 2011
- A Day at URJ Kutz Camp August 27, 2014
- The More Things Change… July 16, 2014
- Participant Perspective on Kutz July 15, 2014
- Thought for Shabbat… | Kutz Camp: […] harnessing spheres of influence to help ...
- Mindye mannel: Wonderful cause and fundraising event. So proud of...
- Rosanne Selfon: I was delighted and honored to spend a few days at...
Follow us on Twitter
- I can't listen to songs that were popular this summer without feeling like I'm in the @URJKutzCamp kitchen, dancing and putting away dishes.
- Celebrating 75 years of NFTY, @eJPhil continues it's series with Laura Lauder! #NFTY75 @URJKutzCamp http://t.co/DIQ2KjmMby
- Really missing the @URJKutzCamp today....
- Tea even better when it reminds me of the @URJKutzCamp! http://t.co/VL2T5I3hiL