As we enter Shabbat this evening, we will take time to reflect on the rich week we’ve completed, dream big about opportunities for next week, and enjoy each other through prayer, dance, and song. It continues to be a joy and an honor to have your teens here with us this summer. From our summer home at 46 Bowen Road to yours, we’re wishing you Shabbat shalom!
on July 24, 2013
A snapshot into closing day at Kutz…
on July 15, 2013
A snapshot into two days at Kutz…
on July 14, 2013
Our day started with Dorothy Day, a celebration of Dorothy Walrond’s 50 years of service to the Union for Reform Judaism. Dorothy began working for the URJ on August 22, 1963 and spent many summers at Kutz. Then, the entire Kutz community joined in our Maccabiah color war competition. Congrats to the green team for winning first place!!
The second portion of photos from Kutz’s trip day!! Check out PART ONE here. A snapshot of Kutz’s trip into New York city. Some key sites of interest include: The Jewish Museum of New York, The New York Historical Society, Hebrew Union College, Chicago City Limits, The Museum of Modern Art, Yankee Stadium, and Times Square.
A snapshot of Kutz’s trip into New York city. Some key sites of interest include: The Jewish Museum of New York, The New York Historical Society, Hebrew Union College, Chicago City Limits, The Museum of Modern Art, Yankee Stadium, and Times Square. Check out PART TWO here.
on July 6, 2013
A snapshot into our day and Shabbat evening…
on June 29, 2013
Here are some photos from our first Shabbat as a community. The evening began with Kabbalat Shabbat near the beautiful willows surrounding our very own Lake Rolyn. After Kabbalat Shabbat, we were so fortunate to have one of our visiting faculty members this week, Josh Nelson, help lead us in t’filah, along with our songleaders Debra Winter and Jacob (Spike) Kraus. After dinner, it was time for Shabbat Shira, a Kutz tradition filled with crazy costumes, singing, dancing, and cheering. The night came to a close with Siyum, our nightly closing circle.
- Fireflies Over Kutz July 11, 2012
- Marcus Kreitzer and Jamie Rices’ Yellow Team Maccabiah Video Blog July 13, 2011
- Why Kutz? – Robert Feder April 15, 2015
- Make it Yourself: Two Classic Israeli Recipes! July 6, 2015
- L’Dor V’Dor, a Mother and Daughter Reflect on their Kutz Journeys July 5, 2015
- Kutz@50: It’s the Actions We Take… July 4, 2015
- Alli: Toby, thank you for your kind words and friendship...
- Toby Goldsmith: I am proud to call Alli my friend. She is a role m...
- Noah Schepps: Sydney, you are an amazing person, and I can't wa...
Follow us on Twitter
- Love this picture of WRJ ED Rabbi Feldman at @URJKutzCamp helping celebrate #KutzAt50! http://t.co/xbtDjSf7nC
- @EvanTraylor @URJKutzCamp would have liked to hear that discussion
- My time at #Kutz15 and #Kutz14 has been unforgettable! Thank you @nfty and @URJKutzCamp for the amazing experiences!
- Thank you so much, Evan! It was another unforgettable summer at 46 Bowen Road!!! @EvanTraylor @URJKutzCamp @TOR_President @NFTYTOR