1. Write a letter home or to friends from your NFTY region 2. Make it to the top of the tower 3. Jump into the pool on a hot day 4. Play an intense game of basketball 5. Go boating on Lake Rolyn 6. Have a jam session with your guitar in the grove (Wonderwall, anyone)? 7. Meditate in the Dance Studio 8. Pick up packages from the canteen, and maybe buy a snack! 9. Lounge in a hammock with your friends 10. Make someone a friendship bracelet
on June 24, 2015
Dear Mom and Dad, When you think about camp, images of kids swimming, hiking, and making incredible friendships comes to mind. At Kutz, there’s all of those elements with the added bonus of a “major”, or a core topic that the teens choose and discover through immersive learning throughout the summer. All of this is supplemented by “minors”, shorter courses taken throughout summer that cover a wide range of topics from “the True and Jewish meaning of Secular Music”, to “Women in Leadership”, and everything in between. In short, being a participant at Kutz is kind of like the perfect […]
on January 25, 2012
Jessica James was a participant on a KESHER Taglit-Birthright Israel trip in January 2011. She is currently a student at the University of Minnesota, and is an alumna of NFTY’s Northern Region and the URJ Kutz Camp. In a recent interview originally posted on the Youth and College Israel Programs Blog, she talks about the lasting experience she had on her Birthright trip. Why did you choose to participate in a KESHER Birthright trip? The URJ has been and continues to be behind every great Jewish experience in my life. My home synagogue, Bet Shalom in Minnetonka, MN, is affiliated […]
on December 27, 2011
Chag Sameach from a wintery Kutz Camp! With the dust from Biennial settling, and Chanukah coming to a close, we here at Kutz wanted to take a quick moment to reflect on the blessing in our lives that is the Kutz Alumni family. Our Kehilah was out in force at Biennial, with well over 250 alum in attendance, not including the additional 50 newer alumni participating in the NFTY Leaders Assembly! To see the sea of friendly, familiar faces, almost all proudly sporting our gorgeous “Kutz Alumni” pins, brought warmth to our hearts. In reflecting on this past summer, as […]
on October 25, 2011
Concluding our series on the formative impact that URJ camping had in shaping the leadership of the North American Board, Forrest Yesnes, NFTY President, talks about learning to love Kutz Camp while embracing becoming a Jewish leader.
on October 21, 2011
In honor of this month’s URJ communication theme, “Focus on Youth,” each of our NFTY North American Board members will be examining how their URJ camping experience shaped their Jewish lives and leadership styles. This week Liza Moskowitz shares her experiences at Greene Family Camp.
on October 17, 2011
Kutz Camp Director and NFTY Associate Director Melissa Frey shares thoughts on Sukkot with NFTY-NAR and NFTY-SoCAL at their events this past weekend.
Originally posted on the NFTY Blog I spent my first week of summer camp at Camp Coleman, located in Cleveland, GA, as a facbrat, or child of a faculty member, in the summer of 2000. During that week, I received my first bee sting and visited the Cabbage Patch Kids factory (a Cleveland landmark). That week was all I needed to convince me to go back as a camper the following summer, followed by another 7 amazing summers feeling that Coleman spirit. Through Coleman, I have learned to songlead services, I visited Israel for the first time, I tie-dyed an […]
on October 13, 2011
Originally posted on the NFTY Blog When I first arrived at Olin Sang Ruby Union Institute (OSRUI)in 2005, I was a homesick adolescent, forced to spend two weeks of my summer in a different state from my parents, who I was sure saw some sort of benefit from kicking me out of the house. Leaving OSRUI almost six summers later, I can look back and say that the time that I spent at OSRUI was incredibly beneficial to my development as a leader and as a thinker.The Union for Reform Judaism’s camping system is one of the most meaningful […]
on October 10, 2011
In honor of this month’s URJ communication theme, “Focus on Youth,” each of our NFTY North American Board members will be examining how their URJ camping experience shaped their Jewish lives and leadership styles. First up, NFTY MCVP Taylor Lyles chronicles her journey from URJ Jacobs Camp to Kutz.
on October 5, 2011
Our New NFTY/ Kutz Program Associate, Eli Cohn-Wein, shares some thoughts on gratitude during the days of reflection.
on September 13, 2011
NFTY leaders from the Chicago Area, Michigan, Missouri Valley, Northeast Lakes, Northern, and Ohio Valley regions collaborated at Goldman Union Camp Institute in Zionsville, IN, for the inaugural Midwest Mash-up Leadership Boot Camp event. Melissa Frey, director of Kutz Camp and associate director of NFTY, delivered the d’var torah based on parasha Shoftim.
on July 23, 2011
When I first heard about Kutz, a friend from my region told me it would change my life, and until I got to Kutz, I didn’t understand what he meant by that. I now understand what he was talking about. From cabin bonding to song sessions Kutz is like a separate community of NFTYites that just happens to be in Warwick, New York. I remember when I arrived at the airport and had to wait for quite a while for the other campers’ flights to land. During this time I bonded with some of my first friends at Kutz, who ended up becoming my best friends. I have no doubt that our relationships will continue outside of Kutz.
NFTY President’s D’var Torah: Growing and Learning from Each Other This Summer – Hitting a Few Rocks Along the Way.
on June 29, 2011
The following is a D’var Torah, a commentary on this week’s Torah portion, I gave during the first service of the Kutz summer session. The Torah Portion is Chukat, and it is the story of Moses hitting a rock in order to get water for his people.
on June 24, 2011
The NFTY General Board is honored to recognize Robin Hirsch, Anna Blumenfeld, and Scott Hertz with NFTY Life Membership.
- The Best Day of My Life July 17, 2015
- Fireflies Over Kutz July 11, 2012
- Marcus Kreitzer and Jamie Rices’ Yellow Team Maccabiah Video Blog July 13, 2011
- Kutz Alum Reflects- “MAR Summer Experience Series: Kutz Camp” October 9, 2015
- “Know Before Whom You Stand” – Tess Nienaltow September 18, 2015
- ARJE/Kutz Madrikhim Minor August 29, 2015
- Rob Robertson: Hi Jeff ,I was a soccer coach at crane lake camp i...
- Kutz@50: It’s the Actions We Take… | NFTY Alumni |: […] Kutz 2015 participant Shir Attias from S...
- Ilene Greene: You are wonderful and I am very proud to know you ...
Follow us on Twitter
- Thank You and Happy Holidays, to everyone who has left their fingerprint on the Kutz community. @URJ @URJCamps @nfty https://t.co/l2dACArJct
- It's #celebrateyouruniquetalentday! So, friends of #kutz16, what are your unique talents?! @URJCamps @nfty @URJ https://t.co/iQBwyFHL0Y
- The only people who can say this and mean it are @URJKutzCamp alumni. https://t.co/387lM0fXNN
- Amazing weekend events! @NFTYMAR @NFTYNE @nfty @ellietepper @Leahk911 Hope to see you at #Kutz16! https://t.co/uRbEYde6Nq