It is with profound sadness that we share that our beloved Mark Levy passed away last Tuesday evening. Mark was a true tzadik, a righteous man beyond words. For over two decades, Mark and Peachy have provided significant scholarships for tens of thousands of West Coast children to attend URJ camps, NFTY events, and Israel trips. There are no words to describe his legacy, warmth, love, and inspiration. The video below provides a glimmer. The kids say it best, Mark & Peachy! Mark & Peachy! We extend our love and condolences to his wife Peachy and their family. If you […]
on February 3, 2014
Sometimes finding Judaism comes in the form of a party. Who ever said finding meaning and making connections had to be boring? A few weeks ago, 400 teens and 100 young adults came together to do just that. Every two years, URJ Camp Newman joins forces with NFTY, Kutz Teens, Kalsman and EIE Reunion to create a three day retreat for high school teens and we call it a party. A West Coast Party- to be exact. And trust us- we know how to put on a good party.
on January 23, 2014
Towards the end of my summer as a Head Counselor at URJ Camp Newman, Executive Director Ruben Arquilevich informed me of an amazing opportunity to share my love of camp throughout the year through the URJ Camps Service Corps program.
on October 14, 2013
Four years ago I was given a wonderful invitation to join the Nefesh Faculty at Camp Newman for two weeks. Not only were my kids ready to go to Jewish summer camp, like my husband and I did when we were younger, but I could go back to camp? As a School Counselor with summers off it sounded like an intriguing offer.
on August 4, 2013
Hundreds of current and former campers, staffers, board members, donors, clergy and representatives from the Jewish community turned out July 27 for the dedication of the first “village” in a new retreat center at URJ Camp Newman.
- Teens Take Action January 15, 2012
- CIT Confessional June 22, 2012
- The Comforting Power of Jewish Camp August 9, 2011
- Mark Levy, May His Memory Be for a Blessing February 26, 2014
- Newman Knows how to (West Coast) Party February 3, 2014
- A REAL 8-year-old Superhero January 30, 2014
- Remembering Mark Levy | RJ Blog: […] their tremendous warmth, menschlichkeit ...
- Bubbe Sculler: I am so happy that you are learning about immigrat...
- this: I would like to thank you for the efforts you have...
- RT @nfty: Special recognition of our #nfty and @URJCampNewman teens who raised $10000 for tonight's #36RabbisShavefortheBrave #stbaldricks…
- Special recognition of our #nfty and @URJCampNewman teens who raised $10000 for tonight's #36RabbisShavefortheBrave #stbaldricks @URJ
- @URJCampNewman I am lol'n so hard right now at this http://t.co/TgnAJLAP7P
- @SavannahSino Now only 129 days until camp! You're the not the only one keeping count! #countdowntosummer2014