Check out the interview with Rabbi Erin and Ruben!
on June 12, 2013
Seven years ago, the Camp Newman board of directors, under the leadership of Daryl Messinger , board chair, and Jim Heeger, master plan chair, undertook a bold step for Camp Newman’s future.
on May 20, 2013
“Camp Newman helps us feel closer to God”. This is how I opened my dialogue with our 2013 leadership staff at our annual Spring retreat. You could have imagined the response. Even some of our Rabbinic students felt uneasy about this language and its timing (opening conversation). “God” talk is scary for many of us.
on April 5, 2013
During this time of year, we “Count the Omer”, the act of counting down the days between Passover (freedom/growth) and Shavuot (receiving the Torah/Redemption). This tradition is likened to final preparations for receiving the Torah. We too are in our final preparations, getting ready to usher in our 66th year…
on March 22, 2013
On all other days, campers search for play dates with friends;
On Camp Newman days, campers awake to a cabin filled with lifelong friends who they will journey
with through life’s celebrations.
on March 15, 2013
The summer after I finished 4th grade and my mother finished law school, my sister and I were shipped off to sleepaway camp in the mountains of West Virginia for four weeks. My mother was studying for the bar exam, and she decided that this would go a lot better if we weren’t around. In my memory, it went something like the scene from Poltergeist (“Get Out”), but in reality, I’m sure it was a much gentler experience, where our parents deposited us at camp with loving hugs and promises to send care packages.
on March 8, 2013
In just a few months, our gates will open to over 1500 children, young & older adult as we prepare to create another remarkable summer of living Judaism, celebrating the joys of Jewish life. The camp directors will commence the summer by blessing the mezuzah at camp’s entrance, singing arm n arm and celebrating the beginning of another magical journey.
on March 1, 2013
Professor Arnold Eisen, a scholar of American Judaism and the chancellor of the Jewish Theological Seminary, proclaimed, “Nothing I do to build Jewish life, Jewish education, or the Jewish community is more important than getting more kids to Jewish camps.”
- The Comforting Power of Jewish Camp August 9, 2011
- The First Few Days of Summer 2011 June 20, 2011
- Hagigah Festival July 26, 2011
- Mosaic Interview with Erin and Ruben June 13, 2013
- A Vision & A Milestone – Daryl and Jim’s Sleepover June 12, 2013
- Jewish Camp & Our God Journeys May 20, 2013
- Using the ATM to Bring Teens into Temple: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Using the ATM To Bring Teens to Temple | RJ Blog: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Maudie Doxie: Well If you live in the Dayton Area Check https://...
- NATURE CALLS! Shabbat @URJCampNewman @ July, Young Adult camp @ Aug, a Yom Kippur Retreat @ Sept, Havdalah@Presidio! http://t.co/eMBVa55Cdg
- RT @SarahEdelstein: Hagigah, here comes the yetzirah! @danielnichols @URJCampNewman
- RT @RabbiRick: Back @URJCampNewman with great friends and an impressive delegation from @tbifresno!
- Hagigah, here comes the yetzirah! @danielnichols @URJCampNewman