Judaism,according to one accounting, has at least 15 different words to describe joy. From rina(meaning joyous song) to simcha (meaning pure joy), Jewish living is supposed to be an expression of joyous living. I have learned over the course of the years that while simcha (joy) is possible even during the darkest of times, it often takes purposeful openness to allow joy to permeate your life.
Tag Archives | Blessing
on June 26, 2011
- The Comforting Power of Jewish Camp August 9, 2011
- The First Few Days of Summer 2011 June 20, 2011
- A Shavuot Harvest May 24, 2012
- Jewish Camp & Our God Journeys May 20, 2013
- Counting Down The Days To Summer 2013 April 5, 2013
- How Are Camp Newman Days Different From All Other Days? March 22, 2013
- Using the ATM to Bring Teens into Temple: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Using the ATM To Bring Teens to Temple | RJ Blog: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Maudie Doxie: Well If you live in the Dayton Area Check https://...
Kibbutz Avodah video Movie Maccabiah Services Mark and Peachy Levy Yom Sport Blessing AIDS Research Art Welcoming miracle CIT Camper Writing Social Action bonding Hevrah Faculty Mark and Peachy H2K12 Sports Simcha music Shabbat NFTY Creative Writing West Coast Party Feature Belonging Hagigah Camp is Life Rabbi Feinstein Confessional Rabbi Service Magic of Camp Ruben impact of camp OKY Reform CITs Prayer education