Call me a “Tree Hugger”, but I really believe in this stuff!! Try it: go hug a tree, especially one with some fragrance and loose bark, like a redwood tree. If you are embarrassed, do it alone, where nobody can see you. Close your eyes and sense the wonders of nature and creation through your other senses. Look up.
on August 15, 2012
How do we take camp home? How do we perpetuate camp’s impact throughout the seasons? Over the summer, Newman provided campers, staff and faculty with over 1 MILLION HOURS OF JEWISH IMMERSION. How do we continue the gift from September to June?
on August 14, 2012
For 25 years, I’ve been asked a similar question over and over again: What is it about Jewish Camp that makes my child come back so happy, glowing with confidence and a glitter in their eyes? What is it about Jewish Camp that makes my child fall deeply in love with Judaism?
- The Comforting Power of Jewish Camp August 9, 2011
- The First Few Days of Summer 2011 June 20, 2011
- Hagigah Festival July 26, 2011
- Mosaic Interview with Erin and Ruben June 13, 2013
- A Vision & A Milestone – Daryl and Jim’s Sleepover June 12, 2013
- Jewish Camp & Our God Journeys May 20, 2013
- Using the ATM to Bring Teens into Temple: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Using the ATM To Bring Teens to Temple | RJ Blog: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Maudie Doxie: Well If you live in the Dayton Area Check https://...
- NATURE CALLS! Shabbat @URJCampNewman @ July, Young Adult camp @ Aug, a Yom Kippur Retreat @ Sept, Havdalah@Presidio! http://t.co/eMBVa55Cdg
- RT @SarahEdelstein: Hagigah, here comes the yetzirah! @danielnichols @URJCampNewman
- RT @RabbiRick: Back @URJCampNewman with great friends and an impressive delegation from @tbifresno!
- Hagigah, here comes the yetzirah! @danielnichols @URJCampNewman