Shabbat is a beautiful time to bond with cabin-mates and share in the magic that is Shabbat. We celebrate every Shabbat as a community, a sea of white wherever we go together.
on June 3, 2011
The hebrew word for wonder is peh’-leh, derived from the word pala, miracle.
One of Camp Newman’s goals is to teach and inspire a sense of wonder. Every year, campers, staff and faculty are immersed in the magic of 24/7 living Judaism, which creates countless moments of wonder. Wonder, awe, miracles are around us all the time. Our challenge is to pay attention and be mindful of these blessings.
on May 15, 2011
For those of us with first-hand experience of the value added from summer camp experiences, a recent study from the Foundation for Jewish Camp only reinforces what we’ve long known: Jewish summer camp not only works, but lays the groundwork for a more vibrant Jewish future.
- The Comforting Power of Jewish Camp August 9, 2011
- The First Few Days of Summer 2011 June 20, 2011
- A Shavuot Harvest May 24, 2012
- Jewish Camp & Our God Journeys May 20, 2013
- Counting Down The Days To Summer 2013 April 5, 2013
- How Are Camp Newman Days Different From All Other Days? March 22, 2013
- Using the ATM to Bring Teens into Temple: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Using the ATM To Bring Teens to Temple | RJ Blog: [...] Temple Teens. Inspired by the URJ’s Ca...
- Maudie Doxie: Well If you live in the Dayton Area Check https://...